The Constitution of India is a living document, prepared in the finest detail but open to interpretation and amendment to ensure dynamism with the evolution of society. The importance of amendment was emphasized in the Constituent Assembly Debates by B.R. Ambedkar and Jawahar Lal Nehru, however, concern was also expressed over misuse of the amending provisions by the political parties in power. Amending provisions are in no doubt a double-edged sword with the power lying with the legislature while the judiciary maintains checks and balances on overuse and misuse of this power.
This Essay Competition invites entries from students, professionals and academicians on the proposed changes in the Constitution that they would like to see implemented. All Articles and Schedules and Lists of the Constitution are open to interpretation.
The idea is to see both inclusion, amendment and exclusion in the Constitution in order to align it with the aspirations and demands of the society. India is the largest democracy in the world and this essay competition invites the exercise of the core principle of democracy of people of the country voicing their opinion on the governing document of law and governance.
- Article 368: Boon or Bane
- Fundamental Duties: Is the Unaccountability Justified?
- Fundamental Rights: Reasonable Restrictions Justified?
- Redundant Chapters and Articles of the Constitution
- Learnings from Constitutions around the World: Let’s try Again
- Special Provisions for Special States: Attack on Unity?
We look forward to participation from Researchers & students studying in any Law Schools / Colleges / Departments of the Universities recognized by Bar Council of India. Post Graduate Students are also eligible to participate.
- Winner will be awarded Cash Prize, Gift hamper & Certificate of Merit.
- Runner-up will be awarded Gift hamper & Certificate of Merit.
- The next 20 following best participant will be awarded Cash Coupon of 5000/- each from Jus Dicere & Certificate of Merit.
- Best 5 concepts will be awarded a gift hamper & Certificate of Merit.
- Participation certificate will be provided to every participant.
Best 50 entries will be selected for publication in special edited issue by Jus Dicere
For detailed regulations click here.
For detailed guidelines click here.
- Last Date of Registration:
June 15, 2018 June 30, 2018 [Dates Extended]
- Last Date of Submission: July 05, 2018
- Declaration of Result: July 15, 2018
- Dispatch of certificates: July 15, 2018
Registration & Submission Procedure
- Participants are required to register by paying fees.
- Successfully registered participants will be provided with a link to submit the essay along with confirmation of payment within 48 hours of registration.
A nominal fees of ₹200/- is applicable for registration.
Mode of Payment
Pay Online here. (Use Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking)
PayTM – 9717828744 (Please send a screenshot to [email protected] after the transaction)
UPI – [email protected] (Please send a screenshot to [email protected] after the transaction)
Say Hello, Need any clarification, or just wants to chat?
Drop us an email at [email protected] or WhatsApp at +91 9810878005
Our official website, click here
Our Facebook page, click here
We are hiring, click here