About Legal Foxes
Legal Foxes works in the following fields:
- Contract/agreements drafting
- Legal advisory
- Legal notices
- Work as a freelancer for companies
- Advise for the incorporation of organisations
- Legal aid
About the Judgment Writing Competition
When you enrol yourself as a Law student, it partly means that you have demonstrated the skill to pick the most rational decision after countless critical questions.
This is exactly what a Judge does too. They patiently consider the arguments and counter-arguments put forth by the advocates appearing for the parties at dispute and then takes the most rational and sound decision in favor of either of the parties. Although these judges make it look very easy by disposing of thousands of cases every day, we assure you that it isn’t as easy as it seems.
So, Legal Foxes invites you to take a break and experience the challenging and important duty of a Judge and help the parties in resolving the dispute.
Do you have what it takes? Are you ready to demonstrate your skills to understand interpret and apply the law? If so, your lordship/ladyship, might we present item number 09 in the honourable High Court, the case titled Tanveer Singh v. state of Haryana.
Legalfoxes is organising its online Judgment Writing Competition with the aim of providing a thought-provoking and knowledgeable experience. They invite active participation from law students across the country, to pen down their thoughts and opinions and help us in coming up with a solution to the problem.
Rules and Regulations
THE EVENT SHALL BE ONLINE
Eligibility: The submission is open to all
There is no cap for participation from a single institution.
- Language- The language for writing the judgment shall be in ENGLISH only.
- Word limit – 4000 – 6000 words (including footnotes).
- Submissions should be made in MS Word format.
- Main Text – Times New Roman, font size 12, double spacing, justified, with a margin of an inch on all sides.
- Footnotes – Times New Roman, font size 10. Substantive footnotes are accepted.
- Citation Mode: Any relevant citation.
- Release of the problem: 25th July 2019
- Last Date of Registration: 15th August 2019
- Last Date For Queries Regarding Rules of the Competition: 18th August 2019
- Releasing of Individual Codes: 18th August 2019
- Last Date for Submission of the Soft Copies: 20th August 2019
- Results: 30th August 2019
A cover page stating the name of the competition, the name of your institution and the names of the student author, with the signature of student author.
The Judgment shall begin on the next page.
Do not state any matter in the judgment (except the cover page) that might reveal your identity or of your institution.
All the Judgments must be saved and sent as PDF file on the Email id lawfoxes[at]gmail.com.
- First Prize: Certificate of Excellence + Cash Prize of Rs.2000 + Internship + gold medal
- Second Prize: Certificate of Excellence + Cash Prize of Rs. 1000 + Internship + silver medal
- Third Prize: Certificate of Excellence + Cash Prize of Rs. 500 + Internship + bronze medal
- Certificate for merit for next 10 authors.
- Participation medals and certificates for all.
The Registration Fee is 350 for an Individual/Single Registration.
The registration link is here.
Note: After making payment and attach the screenshot of Payment while filling up the registration form.
A confirmation mail will be sent on approval of registration.
To join the official WhatsApp group, click here.
Note: Once you got yourself registered successfully we will add you in a judgement guidance group where you can ask any doubt related to the writing of judgement.
- Call/WhatsApp: +91 7835939575
- Call/WhatsApp (official number): +91 9350096894,
- Call: 7838643353
For guidance for writing: +91 9350096894,
The facts of the judgement are here.
The website link is here.
Lawctopus is proud to be the media partner of this event.
Note: This is a sponsored post.