The Journal of Law Teachers of India (JOLT-India) is owned and published by Law Centre-1, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi. The Journal is motivated by the belief that the work of Law Departments, Faculties and Schools is not confined to the teaching of existing statutory and non-statutory laws and imparting students’ skills relating to litigation and other professional careers.
In its previous issues, the Journal has covered areas of important and urgent concerns. The issues explore and critically examine various aspects of justice in different fields of law. Since its existence, it has attracted scholars from various institutions from India and abroad.
About the Competition
In order to encourage law students and further explore the new advances and research in the arena of Law and Society, the JOLT-I announces its Essay Competition with the theme as “Law and Society: Contemporary Developments.”
- Criminal Justice Administration
- Perspectives on Environmental Law & Policy
- IPR and the Digital World
The applicant must be a student as on 31st October 2019 falling in any of the following two categories:
- Category I would include students pursuing under-graduate courses including both 3-year LLB and 5-year LLB in a recognized University/College/Institute in India.
- Category II would include students pursuing post-graduation course i.e. LLM in a recognized University/ College/ Institute in India.
- The essays must be sent by email to jolti.editor[at]gmail.com by 23:59 hours on October 19, 2019 (Indian Standard Time, GMT+5:30) with the Subject of the email as Essay Competition on “Law and Society: Contemporary Developments.”
- The participants may note that late submissions shall not be accepted under any circumstances.
- No part of the essay should contain any form of identification of the participant, and any such information, if detected, would lead to disqualification.
- There is no registration fee for the same.
- The results would be declared on the 30th of November, 2019.
- The winners will also receive an email of the same.
The same would also be published online in the links herein provided:
Official website of Law Centre1, Faculty of Law: CLICK HERE
Official link of JOLT-India: CLICK HERE
- First Prize: Rs. 5000
- Second Prize: Rs. 3000
- Third Prize: Rs. 2000
All the prizes and certificates have to be collected from the Law Centre – I office, in person.
For full details, click here.
For the quick reference guide, click here.