Cred, an Indian Fintech Company is expanding its legal team and are inviting applications for the position of associate legal counsel for their Bangalore office from professionals across India.
About Cred, Bangalore
Cred is an Indian fintech company, based in Bangalore, founded in 2018 by Kunal Shah. Cred app’s main feature is reward-based credit card payments. Later, Cred let users make house rent payments and introduced short-term credit lines.
About Role and Responsibilities of Associate Legal Counsel
- Review and negotiate commercial agreements with various business partners (including D2C brands, banks, marketing agencies, tech platforms and financial institutions) on a wide range of matters from marketing, promotions, e-commerce contracts, payment support services contracts and similar standard commercial contracts to complex, high-dollar value transactions and cutting-edge business initiatives
- Advice the business teams on laws applicable and legal risks related to new lines of business and assist the business teams in structuring the new lines of business
- Draft terms of service, standard form agreements and other documentation for new lines of business
- Provide day-to-day corporate and business law counselling
- Administer and resolve legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Legal review of internal procedures and compliance issues
- Research and analysis related to new legislation, regulations, judicial precedents or other developments which may impact the business and liaison with law firms and external counsels.
Eligibility of Associate Legal Counsel
- 2- 5 years of relevant experience working at law firms or at start-ups
- Strong expertise in legal drafting, research, negotiation and commercial and contentious work
- High competence to review and identify common legal issues in complex commercial documentation
- Had the exposure of having undertaken legal due diligence review of start-ups generally and fintech companies in particular
- Competence in a broad range of corporate and business laws, including various FEMA regulations and SEBI regulations along with the ability to address related research questions with ease
- Ability to analyze business processes, spot issues and propose/implement solutions
- Ability to function autonomously yet communicate laterally and upward with ease; Interest in start-up and fintech ecosystems along with the curiosity to track and keep abreast of the changing regulatory landscape; High motivation, are creative and laser-focused on the details
- The ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and to re-prioritize quickly to address shifting business needs.
How to apply?
Apply through the link given at the end of this post
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.