Goldman Sachs, India is seeking to hire for the job role of Technology, IP, Commercial Contracts-Analyst [Legal], for its office in Bangalore.
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., is an American multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered in New York City. It offers services in investment management, securities, asset management, prime brokerage, and securities underwriting.
About the Opportunity
Professionals within the Legal Division provide high quality legal, transactional and regulatory advice, litigation
oversight, and advise on compliance and reputational issues. The goal is to help our businesses complete their
transactions and understand, navigate and weigh the risks associated with business-related activities. In many
cases, Goldman Sachs’ lawyers, along with other professionals, assist the business areas in structuring transactions in order to capitalize on business opportunities while managing risk.
Goldman Sachs is seeking to hire an eligible professional/fresher to be a part of its Legal Team.
Goldman Sachs is seeking a candidate with interest in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial
contracts subject to laws of various jurisdictions, often working from a range of template forms. The range of contracts may include agreements for the supply of a wide range of key business services and consultancy arrangements, software license agreements, supply agreements, and similar.
The attorney will be part of a global team and will be responsible for advising Goldman Sachs’ businesses on a wide
range of multi-jurisdictional, service and vendor arrangements; this includes drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts subject to laws of various jurisdictions, often working from a range of template forms.
The role may involve working with foreign counsel in relation to contracts subject to foreign laws and partnering with
multiple stakeholders from across global regions and diverse cultures and jurisdictions in a fast-faced environment;
The role will involve the provision of general advice and counsel on financial services related technology, services and intellectual property-related transactions; data licensing; procurement transactions across different firm divisions.
- LL.B. degree with excellent academic credentials;
- Post qualification legal experience. Fresh graduates are also welcome to apply
- Excellent communication skills in English: both oral and written required;
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills required;
- Maturity, flexibility, and sound judgment required and a willingness to learn;
- Strong organizational and team building skills to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects
- Integrity and high level of initiative to drive projects independently (as required);
- Adept at developing interpersonal relationships.
- Flexible to work across different times zones.
- As part of the role, you will learn about our businesses, develop important relationships and professional network, and build career-enhancing skills.
- You will receive access to training and guidance to help you prepare for the next level in your career.
Bangalore (Bengaluru), Karnataka