HPE’s Legal Department applies legal knowledge to complex business transactions. Our mission is to contribute to HPE’s success by providing proactive, practical and timely legal advice and contractual support to enable our clients to achieve profitable growth and customer satisfaction. An integral part of HPE, we work in areas such as Intellectual Property, Mergers and Acquisitions, Ethics, Antitrust, Commercial Law, and Litigation to name but a few.
HPE’s Open Source Program Office team seeks an early career professional interested in open source to help drive our open source review and compliance process.
- Provides standard legal advice impacting client decisions in a country, including assisting with commercial transactions and program review, drafting, and negotiation.
- Develops legal awareness training for clients in a country.
- Analyzes and resolves a variety of standard local legal issues.
Education and Experience Required
- Advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB).
- Meets local legal license requirements.
- Typically 2-4 years commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Intermediate level of experience in the application of basic or specialty law fundamentals to actual client matters.
Knowledge and Skills
- General breadth of practical legal and business knowledge to support one or more practice areas.
- Developed knowledge of local/regional laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of legal negotiation or counseling.
- Effective legal communication skills (written, verbal, active listening).
- Developing experience addressing legal matters.
- English language skills to business standard preferred.
To view official notification and apply online, click here.