CRY or Child Rights and You is inviting applications for the job role of State Program Manager, for their project on ‘ Adolescent Empowerment and Ending Child Marriage’ in Gujarat.
CRY – Child Rights and You is an Indian non-governmental organization (NGO) that works towards ensuring happier childhoods for all children.
In 1979, Rippan Kapur, an Indian Airlines purser, started CRY with six friends and just Rs. 50. Today, over four decades later, CRY works with 102 grassroots NGOs across 19 states in India and has impacted the lives of over three million children.
CRY addresses children’s critical needs by working with parents, teachers, Anganwadi workers, communities, district and state-level governments, as well as the children themselves. The organization focuses on changing behaviors and practices at the grassroots level and influencing public policy at a systemic level, thus creating an ecosystem where children are the nation’s priority.
About the Opportunity
CRY or Child Rights and You is inviting applications for the job role of State Program Manager in Development Support, for their project on ‘ Adolescent Empowerment and Ending Child Marriage’ in Gujarat.
The said position is contractual subject to renewal based on performance and continuation of the project.
CRY is partnering with UNICEF for the program implementation and subsequent scale-up of Adolescent Empowerment and Ending Child Marriage across the states of West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Assam, Gujarat, Odisha, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh.
Role and Responsibilities
At CRY (Child Rights and You), the incumbent will be using his/her professional skills and experience to help restore to underprivileged Indian children their basic rights to – survival, development, protection and participation.
The State Program Manager is responsible for the overall implementation of the project at the state level and ensuring coordination with and between district coordinators.
- Coordinating with UNICEF State Office to report progress and receive feedback
- Regularly following up with District Resource Person to ensure alignment of district-level implementation with the state’s Strategic Action Plan
- Supervising the programme through regular field visits in districts and submitting progress reports
- Facilitating knowledge management efforts of the district by managing the knowledge repository, coordinating with district program officers in organizing knowledge banks and documenting the processes and success stories
- Assuring quality of work
- Taking up Any other work assigned by CRY’s Regional Office to fulfil the required deliverables
Team Management: Functions through Team
The State Program Manager shall play a key role in ensuring the deliverables agreed upon with UNICEF are met.
He/ She shall also be responsible for supervising the District Resource Persons and ensuring quality project implementation at the district level.
- Providing technical support to District Resource Persons towards the implementation of the project in Rajasthan/ West Bengal/ Gujarat
- Facilitating the preparation of district-specific Strategic Action Plan for preventing child marriages in coordination with the district administration, District Child Protection Unit (DCPU) and the Women Development Corporation (WDC) / Department of Social Welfare etc
- Coordinating with State / District stakeholders and UNICEF to ensure effective administration of the programme
- Establishing a District task force and/or strengthen an existing one
- Developing guidelines and protocols for the task force
- Mapping the stakeholders, key influencers and CSOs with the District task force
- Participating in Review and Reflection Meetings of district-level work at the state level hosted by CRY and UNICEF
- Ensuring regular visits to monitor progress in each district
- Coordinating with UNICEF state office, CRY Regional office and all other project staff, to align project work plan and deliverables
- Facilitating monthly, quarterly and bi-annual review meetings with stakeholders, including WDC
- Guiding and assisting the dedicated workforce across all 11 districts to work as a composite group to accomplish the deliverables
- Monitoring of expenditure as per budget and meeting the standard audit requirements
- Managing performance of the district program Officers to ensure that the capacity building needs of the district team members are identified and addressed
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Social Science, Rural Development, Humanities, Development Communication
- An LLB/LLM in Child/Human Rights would be an added advantage
- At least 8 to 9 years’ of experience as a Senior or mid-level professional in the arena of child protection and Child Development
- Experience in adolescent program would be an added advantage
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders, specifically government and civil society
- Experience in Team Management
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Must have strong negotiation skills and possess a sound understanding of results-based management approach to programme planning, budgeting, review and monitoring systems is essential.
- The person should be able to think on his/her feet and must have high-quality presentation making skills.
How to Apply?
- Click on the link given at the end of this post.
- Scroll down until you find the role description of ‘State Program Manager’.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to apply for the role.
Please Note: CRY also has an opening for the role of State Program Manager in Kolkata with the eligibility criteria and responsibilities similar to this opening. Please refer to the career portal for the same.