Genpact India is looking to hire for the job role of Senior Manager-Legal Counsel, for its office in Gurgaon, Haryana.
Genpact is an American professional services firm headquartered in New York City, New York. It is a global professional services firm that makes business transformation real. Genpact drives digital-led innovation and digitally-enabled intelligent operations for our clients, guided by our experience running thousands of processes primarily for Global Fortune 500 companies.
It was founded by Pramod Bhasin, in the year 1997.
About the Opportunity
Genpact is now calling all rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently, and are bold enough to reinvent the world!
Genpact is inviting applications for the role of Senior Manager, Legal Counsel.
This role will assess the scope of work, business processes, workflows, information exchanges, service levels, other commercial and legal aspects of the contract for potential exposure to liability risks arising from the use of proprietary data, trademarks, IP, data security, and other non-standard terms and conditions. One needs to collaborate closely with business partners to resolve all legal issues and mitigate liability risks
You need to build awareness of legal risk exposures/prepare and disseminate legal risk exposure mitigation policies and procedures, including standardization of agreements, etc. conduct legal audits of various functions to ensure compliance.
- Draft, negotiate and review all customer / Vendor contracts including Master Services Agreement, Statement of Works (SOWs), Term Sheets, Amendments, Change Orders, and Master Terms of Conditions (MTC)
- Reviewing and negotiate in accordance with the Genpact’ standards the Licensing Agreement/Software Agreement/EULA/T&C’s in relation to the IT Vendors
- On request, to prepare SOW’/Work Orders for IT Vendor engagements in line with the agreed terms of the principal document. Review and redline the SOW/Work Orders shared by IT Vendors
- Advising the internal clients with the queries in reference to the interpretation of contracts
- Preparing and sharing the monthly MIS in relation to the previous month’s work done and in progress
- To meet the overall Turn Around Time, Any ancillary or incidental services in relation to the afore-stated
- Law degree from a premium law school in India
- A Master’s degree in IPR will be added advantage
- Validated experience in contract drafting, reviewing, and negotiating. Ability to handle commercial transactions and other applicable areas of law
- Knowledge in IT/ ITeS areas / Industry
- Excellent Knowledge of working on IP and Digital transactions including Data Privacy
- Prior experience of working with leading corporate law firms, corporate clients (external or internal).
- Good knowledge of Indian laws and legal system and international commercial laws
- Experience in the service industry is desirable
- Should have a good grasp of commercial laws, regulations and legal concepts, policies, and procedures related to IT and ITES. Requires excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Should have prior experience in drafting and vetting Indian commercial agreements and commercial contracts with other countries
- Prior legal experience combining corporate and private law settings including considerable experience with matters pertaining to commercial transactions, litigation management, compliance, and general corporate law matters
- Established ability to influence actions without direct leadership responsibility for teams or processes with an ability to establish relationships within a matrixed environment (both cross-functionally and cross-business)
- Shown ability to lead and execute optimally at all levels of the organization
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – both written and verbal – with a proven ability to communicate to all “customers” internally and externally to the business
- Proven record of investigating and resolving sophisticated compliance issues
- Solid understanding of a wide range of legal subjects, ability to build on this knowledge, spot issues, and bring in specialists as needed
- Adept to work on high bandwidth and support a variety of business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines; ability to prioritize, plan, coordinate and execute on assignments, peer manage relations with colleagues of other fields
- Strong analytical ability, creativity, and good judgment in resolving legal issues
Gurgaon (Gurugram), Haryana
More Job opportunities that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.