About the Opportunity
The American manufacturer of software and computer services – Hewlett Packard or HP is looking to hire for the post of Senior Legal Counsel, at Bangalore.
The Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, California.
HP developed and provided a wide variety of hardware components, as well as software and related services to consumers, small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health and education sectors.
The company was founded on January 1, 1939, by William R. Hewlett and David Packard, two recent electrical-engineering graduates of Stanford University. It was the first of many technology companies to benefit from the ideas and support of engineering professor Frederick Terman, who pioneered the strong relationship between Stanford and what eventually emerged as Silicon Valley.
Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Legal Counsel acts as primary legal support to regional and country management, business units and functions for sales and marketing, distribution, supply chain, and operations. Provides legal subject matter expertise for commercial, litigation, and local regulatory compliance matters. Participates in senior regional and country management teams.
- Managing the development of legal strategies for local or regional senior management, including leading high value/risk commercial transactions and program review, drafting, and negotiation.
- Developing and recommending innovative process improvements to effectively address business needs of an aligned country or region.
- Identifying and resolving highly complex local/regional legal, regulatory, and business issues.
- Managing legal responsibilities for multiple client organizations with divergent priorities and needs.
- Leading complex, multidimensional projects or transactions.
- Acting as a master of the local/regional environment by advising on complex laws and regulations and their implications for the local/regional operations/businesses.
Who is it for?
- Advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB).
- Meets local legal license requirements.
- Typically 7+ years commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Significant experience managing multiple, complex, strategic, specialty law projects, issues, and transactions.
Knowledge and Skills
- Mastery of legal and relevant business knowledge in multiple practices areas in a country/region.
- Broad and deep knowledge of local/regional laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Developed awareness of how to operate successfully in multiple international legal environments.
- Mastery in negotiating or advising senior representatives of external and internal organizations on complex and high value/risk matters.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- English language skills to business standard required.
Perks and Benefits
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
How to Apply
- Go to the link given at the end of this post.
- Read the requirements and other details.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button provided to the right of the Job Title.
- Sign in to the portal and get started with the application.
More posts that you might be interested in
- JOB POST: Attorney Specialist – Legal Counsel at HP [Hewlett Packard], Bangalore: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Legal Counsel at Truecaller, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Legal-Management Trainee at Aditya Birla Group, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Legal Counsel at Microsoft India, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Legal-Management Trainees [Fresh Graduates] at Hawkins Cookers Ltd, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Registrar in the Adjudicating Authority, Department of Revenue at New Delhi: Apply by Jan 26, ’21