The Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) is seeking to hire for the job role of Secretarial Officer on a contract basis for its office in Mumbai.
About the Company
The Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) is an Indian government corporation. It is under the ownership of the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India with its headquarters in Mumbai, which operates and manages vessels that service both national and international lines.
SCI started out with 19 vessels. It gradually metamorphosed into a conglomerate having 80 ships of 59 lakh (5.9 million) tonnes deadweight (DWT) with interests in different segments of the shipping trade. On 21 November 2019, the Government of India approved the privatization of SCI.
About the Opportunity
The Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of a Secretarial Officer on a contract basis for its office in Mumbai.
Number of Vacancies
Duration of Engagement
The contract shall be for a period of one year from the date of engagement, with a provision for 2
extensions of 6 months each.
The cut-off date for determining eligibility criteria in respect of post qualification inline experience
and age shall be 1st May 2021 and will remain unchanged irrespective of any reason whatsoever.
- Age: Age Limit as of 01.05.2021 is 45 years.
- Qualification: Full-time Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline plus Associate/Fellow Membership of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. Preference will be given to candidates having degrees in Law.
- Experience: Candidates should have at least 9 years of experience w.r.t. to Company Secretarial functions. Candidate should have preferably handled a compliance w.r.t. Listing Regulations. Candidates having experience in State/Central Government Departments, Autonomous Bodies, PSUs, PSBs or CPSEs will be given preference.
However, the company at its discretion may depute the Officer at any of its offices/projects anywhere in India as per its requirement)
- Rs 1,25,000/- per month
- A conveyance cum mobile allowance of Rs 10,000/-per month will also be paid for discharge of official duty.
- No other perks/benefits/allowances shall be applicable.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can apply for the post on the corporation’s website.
- Go to the career portal on the website. Click on ‘Shore’ and then ‘Requirement of Secretarial Officer on contract (04/2021)’.
Click here to apply.
- Candidates also have to send only their updated resume through email to shorerecruitment[at]sci.co.in
- Candidates are also required to attach the following documents along with their resumes in pdf format only.
- Graduation Degree Certificate
- CS Completion Certificates (Membership certificate)
- Work Experience certificates for the years as mentioned in the application form.
- Date of Birth proof like Aadhar card/Pan card/Voter/Birth Certificate etc.
- Applications will not be considered in case the above-mentioned documents are not submitted as per the data filled in the application form during the application period.
June 2, 2021
- Shortlisting based on various criteria.
- Interviews will be conducted at Shipping House, Nariman Point, Mumbai, or through video conferencing depending upon the prevailing situation at the time of the Interview.
- The schedule will be notified on the Corporation’s website.