About the Opportunity
GLG or Gerson Lehrman Group, a New York-based company offering professional education services, is looking to hire lawyers/attorneys for the job post of Research Specialist-Compliance (Legal), for its Gurgaon office in India.
GLG or Gerson Lehrman Group, a New York-based company that offers professional education services to its clients with topical or industry expertise in a variety of fields, as well as executive education, larger team training, and the placement of experts in long-term advisory, operational, and board roles.
Founded in the year 1998 by Yale Law graduates Mark Gerson and Thomas Lehrman, it now has backing from giant companies like Silver Lake Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and the like.
GLG’s clients include corporations, hedge funds, private equity firms, family offices, professional service firms, and non-profit organizations.
Role and Responsibilities
The Research Support Specialists will be part of GLG’s 50-person global compliance department and would be required to provide timely and thoughtful support for global client service professionals.
- Learning the compliance policies and procedures to protect the integrity of client engagements.
- Run internet-based checks on individuals (doctors, academics, scientists, policy specialists, strategists, executives, and other experts) and entities with an eye for detail.
- Reviewing and evaluating the completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of an individual or an entity’s profile.
- Identifying and applying a strong distinction between correct/incorrect business practices and escalate compliance breaches.
- Understanding and enforcing key requirements of firm and regulators’ Legal & Compliance rules and policies.
- Managing tasks and activities in a timely manner with complete ownership of responsibilities.
- Providing periodic updates to domestic and international teams on various compliance-related initiatives.
- Supporting senior team members on all aspects of compliance engagements.
- Engaging with client service professionals daily to understand their needs and provide exceptional service.
- Reference existing policies; however, due to the frequency of unique situations will need to research issues and, through situation-specific inquiries, propose solutions to issues.
- Educational Qualifications: Graduate/Postgraduate 0 to 2 years of relevant industry experience or Financial Services experience.
- Language Requirements (Mandatory): Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Language Requirements (Desirable but not required): Fluency (verbal & written) in Mandarin, Japanese, and/or Korean language skills will be given preference.
- Possess excellent Internet-based research skills. Familiarity with using Internet-based investigative tools would be an added advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Successful track record of working in a team environment.
- Adaptability to work in a dynamic environment often accompanied by stringent deadlines.
- Strong analytical bent of mind and structured problem-solving approach.
- Able to work and deliver under minimal supervision/independently.
Visit GLG’s official website to know more about them.
More posts that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.