The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade or IIFT, New Delhi invites applications for either of these Research Positions viz. Research Associate/Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow.
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade is an autonomous public business school established in 1963 by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India IIFT was conferred the status of Deemed University in 2002.
IIFT was conferred the status of Deemed University in 2002. It conducts an autonomous entrance examination, named the IIFT Exam, across various centers in India, for admission into its Post Graduate Management Program.
IIFT Delhi is located in Hauz Khas, South Delhi. The campus is close to a section of the Delhi Ridge Forest, and monuments such as the Qutub Minar and Lotus Temple. The campus is also close to other premier educational institutions such as the Jawaharlal Nehru University, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, National Institute of Fashion Technology, and the Indian Statistical Institute.
About the Opportunity
The Centre for WTO Studies intends to engage Legal researchers either at the level of Research Associate (Legal) or Research Fellow (Legal) or Senior Research Fellow (Legal) to work on issues related to WTO and international trade. The engagement shall be purely on a contractual basis for a period of one year.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, the shortlisted candidates shall not be required to visit the CWS Office to appear for the examination. The selection process shall be conducted through an online written test and interview.
- Qualification: LLB/ LLM/Ph.D. (Law) with sound knowledge of International Trade Law
- Experience: The candidates having research experience on different aspects of international trade law including Services, Trade Remedies, and WTO Disputes in any reputed organization shall be preferred.
- Other Skills: The candidates should have sound knowledge of computer applications and packages [M.S. Word, M.S. Outlook, Excel, Power Point].
- The candidate should have a good command of English (spoken as well as written) and should have experience in research activities.
The engagement shall be purely on a contractual basis for a period of one year.
- Research Associate (Legal): Rs.30,000/- per month
- Research Fellow (Legal): Rs.36,000/- per month
- Senior Research Fellow (Legal) having at least three years research experience: Rs.48,000/- per month*
- Senior Research Fellow (Legal) having Ph.D Degree in Law and preferably some independent research experience: Rs.54,000/- per month*
* It may be noted that candidates applying for the post of Senior Research Fellow (Legal) based on their qualification and experience are not automatically eligible to be engaged as a Senior Research Fellow (Legal). Their performance during the interview, in-depth knowledge of the legal aspects of WTO, and experience in a reputed organization shall be the deciding factor.
- Candidates who have been awarded Degree in Law or Ph.D. Degree in Law and are in possession of their Degree/Provisional Degree on the date of this advertisement should only apply.
- It may be noted that candidates who had applied for the post of Research Associate/Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow (Legal) with reference to the previous advertisement dated 12-2-2020 need not apply.
- Indian nationals having the above qualifications and experience should only apply and send their C.V. and cover letter by email to recruitment.cws[at]iift.edu latest by February 5, 2021.
- The cover letter should clearly state the following:
- Why the candidate is interested in a career in international trade law and in working at the Centre.
- Prior exposure to international trade law (through courses, internship, research/writing, moot court, etc.)
- Any specialization in international trade-related issues either at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- The date and time of the online test and interview shall be intimated only to the shortlisted candidates in due course.
More Jobs opportunities that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.