The Centre for Science, Technology & Society, School of Habitat Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, invites applications for two research officer positions in the natural resource governance project of the centre in the Konkan region of Maharashtra.
About Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Tata Institute of Social Sciences is a multi-campus public research university in Mumbai, India. It is Asia’s oldest institute for professional social work education and was founded in 1936 in the Bombay Presidency of British India as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work by the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust.
About the Position
Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Research Officer.
No. of Positions
- Masters in Social Sciences or Law with experience in rural fieldwork, community development, livelihood and community organisation works.
- Proficiency in spoken & written Marathi language will have an added advantage.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review policy and case laws-High Court, Supreme Court and NGT orders on fishing and forest-dwelling community rights, mentor local partners of the Centre in Raigad and Thane districts, collect village-level and department dataset on livelihood, data compilation, data analysis, report writing, preparing status reports.
- The selected candidates will be required to design and anchor the project activities and develop a Project Monitoring Framework (PMF).
Seven months and extendable for another three months.
Consolidated Salary Rs. 35,000/- but not a constraint for an experienced candidate.
How to Apply?
- Candidates may email their application to tissrrrg[at]gmail.com
- The application must include your education qualification, rural fieldwork experience, and knowledge of fishing and forest-dwelling communities’ rights over coastal and forest resources, respectively.
August 20, 2022
- Date of Interview for the shortlisted candidates: August 25, 2022
- Joining Date for the shortlisted Candidate: September 1, 2022