iProbono Program Officer
Delhi, Nizamuddin East
Civil society organisations are the support lines in our communities, striving for a more just, sustainable world. At iProbono we mobilise key support to these organisations, providing the highest quality legal, regulatory and strategic assistance to strengthen their work and to advocate for people in need. Our work is global, with the majority of our projects taking place in 34 countries, and we have a special focus in India.
iProbono operates as an online marketplace to harness data and facilitate the right connections. We are recognised innovators in the field; recipients of the Financial Times Innovative Lawyer Award and by Nominet Trust as one of the 100 innovations in technology that has made the world a better place. We are a small dynamic team in Delhi which is growing to deepen our impact in the societies in which we operate.
Our legal community spans the breadth of the profession, made up of academics, barristers, corporate law firms, in-house counsel, law students/graduates, members of the judiciary and social welfare lawyers.
Our projects are diverse, ranging from transactional legal assistance and policy research to litigation and advocacy support.
Our offices are in Delhi, London, Dhaka, Islamabad and Colombo.
For further details, click HERE.
iProbono is recruiting a Program Officer in Delhi to assist in steering our transactional and litigation projects and to provide integral support to organisations, amplifying their impact in the community.
We are looking for lawyers with exceptionally strong communication skills, adept at building and maintaining relationships. The successful candidate will work towards creating real impact with clear results.
He/She should be a creative, innovative, strategic thinker and results-driven team member. He/She will work closely with the rest of the Programs team to assist with day-to-day activities.
· Co-ordinate with civil society organizations to assist them identify and draft legal projects.
· Work with lawyers and civil society organizations on iProbono’s network to match the projects posted on the website.
· Organise and manage events to collaborate with the legal community and NGO sector.
· Steer projects domestically and internationally.
· Proactively manage the inflow of projects, building long term relationships with organisations and lawyers.
· Remain updated on relevant news and communicate it internally and externally, as required.
· Work closely with the rest of the Programs team to assist with day-to-day activities.
· Manage the iProbono panel of litigation lawyers – maintain a list of cases with important dates, observe court proceedings and send out updates on progress of the case.
· Actively follow up on all the litigation projects with iProbono.
· Assist the Programs team with the ‘Identity Rights’ Project.
· Make field visits in Delhi for Program purposes.
· Manage and document events organized by iProbono.
· Represent iProbono at events.
· Liaise with supporters and private sector companies.
Skills and Experience
· Law degree from a recognised university.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Visible dedication towards working in the non-profit sector.
· Strong commitment to capacity building in the civil society sector.
· Adept at working independently.
· High level of proficiency with MS Office and internet skills.
· Legal practice exposure.
· Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
· Experience in the non-profit sector.
· Previous role co-ordinating with civil society organisations.
· Private sector experience.
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, email [email protected] with your CV and a short cover letter on why you are suitable for this role.
The deadline for the close of applications is 28th October, 2016.
For further details, click HERE.