NovoJuris is expanding its Private Equity Practice Group to be based out of Bangalore.
The position requires an incredibly smart person who has an incredible depth of corporate laws. The person should have a solid experience on private equity deals in a law-firm.
Principal duties include managing a team of 2 or more Associates, providing ongoing legal counseling in Companies Act, FEMA, DIPP, Employment matters, due-diligence and a wide range of other associated legal areas. This position is based in Bangalore.
Education: LL.B. (undergraduate law degree) from a recognized university in India. Company Secretaries course from ICSI is definitely an advantage. A minimum of 3 years prior experience in private equity.
1. Reliability, dependability: Works hard and does what it takes to get results and meets deadlines. Takes accountability and works well in a cross functional team.
2. Writing, speaking and listening effectively: Writes, speaks and presents information effectively, clearly and with brevity. Communicates to improve understanding, decision-making and performance. Understands the value of listening to others. Thinks before speaking. Probes to understand and confirms understanding of what is heard. Encourages others to speak.
3. Composure: Handles unexpected events calmly. Successfully copes with unintended consequences. Helps co-workers thrive in stressful situations. Identifies and manages stress due to lack of control. Acts with the highest level of professionalism and maturity.
4. Dealing with ambiguity: Able to function well in loosely structured situations. Works effectively in situations involving uncertainty or lack of information. Effectively handles multiple projects or tasks at the same time. Is open to and responds flexibly to change.
5. Open communication: Willing to ask and honestly answer the tough questions. Treats others’ opinions with respect. Fosters open communication and candid discussions. Shares information that helps others do their job well. Keeps others in the loop.
6. Client perspective: Able to assess broader and deeper impact of decisions. Focuses on what is right for the client – not just what is best for the group, project or self. Does not act in ways that sub-optimize for the overall business of the client.
Please send your resume to [email protected]