Netflix India is looking to hire for the job post of Media and IP Legal Analyst, for its office in Mumbai.
About Netflix India
Netflix is a streaming service that offers a wide variety of award-winning TV shows, movies, anime, documentaries, and more – on thousands of internet-connected devices.
Netflix’s India team – responsible for great television series like Sacred Games, Delhi Crime, Lust Stories and more.
The incumbent will support vital components of our intellectual property and music practice, and be an integral resource for Netflix’s IP and Music legal team in India. The candidate should be a practical problem solver with an eye for detail and exceptional organizational talent.
The candidate must think outside the box, challenge long-standing assumptions, and look for opportunities to innovate. He/She must also have experience of communicating across different levels of the business with diverse viewpoints. The successful candidate will be one who loves working in an environment where freedom and responsibility are tenets and passion and curiosity are mandates.
The role is ideal for someone who is comfortable in a constantly changing environment. Occasional travel may be required.
A lawyer with PQE of 3 to 5 years preferably from the Media & Entertainment industry or a law firm background that specializes in M&E practice.
- Basic understanding of how the Indian content & music industry works; and how content and music is developed and produced
- Basic understanding of Indian contracts law, copyright law, music, and content exploitation rights
- Unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge about creating, managing, maintaining, and innovating the IP and Music teams’ tools and trackers
- Specializing in legal data entry creation and updation
- Coordinating with the internal stakeholders such as IP and Music legal counsels, Content team, and Marketing team for music clearance, title clearance, and claims tendering
- Coordinating with the production houses’ legal teams on documents for music and production clearances
- Demonstrate ability to drive efficiency and think strategically about IP and Music legal tools and database
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively work collaboratively and cross-functionally with people having diverse viewpoints and interests
- Curious and eager to tackle matters outside the area of expertise
- Sense of humour!
More such Job opportunities that you might be interested in
- JOB POST: Legal Manager & CS [Company Secretary] at Tata Cliq, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Contracts Manager/Paralegal at Nielsen [Global Media], Bangalore: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Negotiator [Legal] at Standard Chartered Bank, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Legal Executive [Compliance] at Boston Scientific, Delhi: Apply Now!