Project Kalki is inviting applications from law professionals for the job role of Litigator, for their corporate office in Nagpur.
About Project Kalki
Project Kalki is dedicated to the empowerment of vulnerable women and children. We believe that everybody deserves a seat at the table. We believe in rebuilding and reimagining lives through social and economic integration. We empower marginalised groups including human trafficking victims and women and chidren affected by violence and abuse. By representing these marginalised groups in court and outside, we increase access to opportunities.
About the Job Opportunity
Project Kalki is seeking to engage the services of a law professional with a minimum of 4 years of post-qualification work experience, for the role of Litigator, in Nagpur.
Number of Vacancies
Duration of Enagagement
One year and extendable.
- Academic: B.A. LL.B. Master’s degree is desirable.
- License: Bar Council License to practice in Maharashtra
- Languages (Proficiency/fluency in writing and speaking): English, Marathi and Hindi
- Litigation experience: Minimum 4 years
- Areas of legal practice: Primarily trial experience including in POCSO, ITPA, IPC and other relevant criminal laws
Additional Skills and Qualities
- Highly motivated and take initiative
- Attention to detail
- Empathic and put the needs of the survivors at the forefront
- Experience working in dynamic set ups and with multidisciplinary teams
- Strong skills in documentation and organizing
- Represent the victim in all trial proceedings including and not limited to bail, pre-trial, trial, appeal hearings, custody hearings
- Undertake strategic litigation and bring an innovative approach to law
- Conduct legal research and prepare written briefs used to develop case strategy
- Develop and implement litigation plans for each case
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders
- Advise and train government authorities, aftercare homes and other partners on legal issues related to commercial sexual exploitation.
Case to case basis
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment will be a four-step process.
- Out of the pool of candidates, the recruiter will select those whose resume/curriculum vitae best suits the job requirement.
- Candidates who have been selected will have the first round of interviews with a recruiter from Human Resources.
- For the second round, the candidates will be required to submit an assignment.
- The final round will consist of an interview with the hiring manager.
Contact Person: Ms Barkha
Contact Number: 9322252767