About the Opportunity
Moody’s, a global integrated risk assessment firm, is looking to hire a Legal Specialist with 2-3 years of work experience, for its Gurgaon office in India.
About Moody’s Corporation
Moody’s Corporation is an American financial services company. It is the holding company for Moody’s Investors Service, an American credit rating agency, and Moody’s Analytics, an American provider of financial analysis software and services.
Moody’s was founded by John Moody in 1909 to produce manuals of statistics related to stocks and bonds and bond ratings. In 2007, Moody’s Corporation was split into two operating divisions, Moody’s Investors Service, the rating agency, and Moody’s Analytics, with all of its other products.
- Operate as a single-point resource regarding processing/tracking of internal legal documents, principally related to operational matters.
- Draft, prepare, review and edit routine legal documents with low to medium level complexity, and reports under attorney supervision;
- Performing open source due diligence on the company’s software products/services from time to time under Attorney supervision.
- Prepare and communicate information internally and externally regarding contract status, modifications, deviations, and completion or termination of legal agreements.
- Manage a contact database on the internal company website under the supervision of Moody’s Counsel and monitor issues that require action.
- Develop and maintain a database for all Moody’s master agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- Communicate and advise business units on legal document and legal process inquiriesCoordinate correspondence with clients and potential customers as directed
- Assist Moody’s Counsel with projects as they arise
- Prepare reports based on generic online and database search based on the public source of information w.r.t. any entities, persons, etc.
- Education: LLB degree
- Work Experience: 2-3 years of prior experience in a law firm, in-house, or LPO.
- Familiarity with: A variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures, including corporate laws, contract law, intellectual property laws.
- Good legal research skills and ability to articulate the result of such research in concise forms
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to perform a multitude of tasks relating to company contracts.
- Must be Detail-oriented, organized, and work well independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to conduct extensive searches using public sources of information/internet and articulate the results in the form of a formal search report.
- Open to work in different time zones (US shift), if required by the company.
Legal & Compliance – Corporate Services
How to Apply
- Sign-up or Sign in with an account, after clicking on the Apply button. Link given at the end of this post.
- Read the ‘Privacy Notice’ and then ‘Save and Continue’ (if you find it fit).
- Upload your resume and go ahead with filling in the other details.
More posts that you might be interested in
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.