About the Opportunity
Google India is looking to hire for the legal job post of Regional Counsel for its payments section.
Google was originally developed in 1997 by Larry Page, Sergey Brin, and Scott Hassan.
Google, LLC (Limited Liability Company) is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, a search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
Google India Pvt. Ltd., with offices in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, and Mumbai, provides Google Inc. with local support and representation in India. India is a vital country for Google and makes a substantial contribution to Google’s worldwide operations.
- Advising senior management, product, business, and cross-functional teams in the Asia Pacific and the USA with regard to potential legal risks in India and neighboring countries; ensuring compliance with applicable laws.
- Responding promptly to a wide range of legal requests from Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and other teams.
- Liaising with regulators and authorities in India, managing and autonomously running regulatory inquiries, relating to Google’s products and operations in India.
- Reviewing proposed legislation and working with our Policy team to advocate for improvements to the proposed laws that will support an open online environment.
- Conducting legal reviews of Google’s product initiatives and consulting with Google’s government affairs representatives to provide solution-oriented practical advice to facilitate launches and innovation.
- Education: Bachelor’s of Law, Juris Doctor or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience: 5 years of relevant advisory and regulatory experience in the financial and technology related areas in India.
Experience and Competencies
The candidate should have the following experience and competencies to be suited to work at Google India.
- In-house law experience with a multinational company.
- Demonstrated analytical, advisory, negotiation and contract drafting skills.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters from the complex matters to the routine standard matters.
How to Apply
Click on the ‘Apply‘ button on the landing page via the link below, to sign up for the role at Google India.
More posts that you might be interested in
- JOB POST: Senior Legal Associate at Infobip [IT & Telecom Industry], Mumbai: Apply Now!
- JOB POSTS: Lawctopus is Hiring for a Learning Manager; and Social Media Manager: Apply by Nov 15; Early Application is Better
- JOB POST: Associate [Legal] at Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change [MoEF&CC], New Delhi: Apply by Nov 17
- JOB POST: Legal Officer at Kerala Minerals & Metals Ltd, Kollam [PSU, Kerala]: Apply by Nov 25
- JOB POST: Counsel [Markets Legal] at JP Morgan Chase & Co [JPMC], Mumbai: Apply by Nov 30
- JOB POST: Counsel [RSP Team, Legal] at JP Morgan Chase & Co, Mumbai: Apply by Nov 27
- JOB POST: Counsel [Data Protection and Privacy Law] at JP Morgan Chase & Co, Mumbai: Apply by Dec 4