The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the implementation of the environmental aspect of sustainable development within the United Nations system.
The Law Division is the lead Division charged with carrying out the functions of UNEP in the field of environmental law, governance and related policy issues, including those related to multilateral environmental agreements (MEAs).
About the Posting
This position is located in the Law Division of UNEP at its Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Conducting extensive legal research and analysis and preparing studies, comparative studies, etc. on environmental law and governance.
- Reviewing national legislation as part of technical assistance to strengthen national legal and institutional capacities concerning environmental law.
- Undertaking basic or extensive review of legal documents, instruments, or other materials.
- Identifying important issues, similarities, and inconsistencies, etc.
- Education: Master’s degree or equivalent in environmental law or a related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- Work Experience: Minimum 5 years of work experience in environmental law and governance, including legal analysis, research and writing, is required
- Languages: Fluency in written and oral English
- Working knowledge of another UN languages is desirable
Last Date for Applying
October 28, 2020
More posts you might be interested in:
- Vahani Scholarship 2020 for School Students [30 Scholarships, Fully Funded]: Apply by Dec 1
- JOB POST: Compliance Lawyer at Infosys Limited, Bengaluru: Applications Open
- JOB POST: Assistant Director [Legal] at FSSAI: Apply by November 2
- JOB POST: Legal Consultant at FSSAI, New Delhi: Apply by Oct 28
- JOB POST: Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant at Delhi State Legal Services Authority: Apply by Oct 31
- JOB POST: Judge Advocate General [JAG] 26th Course at Indian Army: Apply by Nov 11, 3PM