Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) is inviting applications for the job post of Legal Officer.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation is the statutory body formed under the Aircraft Bill, 2020. This directorate investigates aviation accidents and incidents, maintains all regulations related to aviation and is responsible for issuance of licenses pertaining to aviation like PPL’s, SPL’s and CPL’s in India.
About the Opportunity
As per the official notification, DGCA is inviting applications from Indian nationals in the prescribed proforma for the engagement of Consultants, on a contractual basis, for a period of one year only or till the Consultants attain the age of 65 years or till Consultants remain eligible as per requirements or till the regular incumbent(s) join(s) or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proposals for carrying out amendments in the Aircraft Act, 1934 and the Aircraft Rules,1937
- Examination of legal matters
- Preparation and vetting of legal affidavits
- Filing of complaints in the courts; and other legal matters concerning civil aviation matters
- The processing of provisions of International aviation law for adoption in Indian legislation
Qualification and Experience Required
- Educational Qualification: Degree in Law from a recognized university.
- Experience: 3 years experience in the field of legal practice
- Out of total experience, at least one year of experience of legal practice in aviation matters such as leasing of aircraft, liability regime, acquisition, and merger of airlines.
- Age Limit: The upper age limit shall be 63 years as on the date of issue of the said Vacancy Circular
Rs. 55,000/-(Rupees Fifty Five Thousand Only) per month
How to Apply?
- The applications should be in the prescribed proforma neatly typed on white paper in double space and typed on only one side of the paper.
- The applications should reach the Recruitment Section, DGCA along with a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the present employer if any, latest by 10/05/2021 (15:00 hours).
- Self-attested and legible photo copies of all the relevant documents supporting the candidate’s eligibility in terms of the requirements for the vacancies are also required to be forwarded along with duly filled in the application.
- The applicant should also ensure that the up-to-date photocopies of Annual Performance Appraisal Reports or Performance Reports, as the case may be, for the last five years along-with Integrity Certificate and a statement of major/minor penalty, imposed, if any, during the preceding five years be sent by the present employer(s), if applicable. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Note: Find the prescribed application proforma in the official notification (Link given below) following the Appendix-B.
More such Job opportunities that you might be interested in
- JOB POST: Research Associate & Research Assistant at NLUD’s Centre for Criminology and Victimology, Delhi: Apply by May 10
- JOB POST: NLSIU’s Law, Technology and Society Initiative [Multiple Vacancies]: Apply by April 30
- JOB POST: Programs Analyst at iProbono India, Mumbai [PQE 1-3 Years]: Apply by April 30
- JOB POST: Manager (Administration) and Other Roles at C-DAC [Centre for Development of Advanced Computing; For LL.B]: Apply by May 9