About the Opportunity
The American manufacturer of software and computer services – Hewlett Packard or HP is looking to hire for the post of Attorney Specialist – Legal Counsel, at Bangalore.
The Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, California.
HP developed and provided a wide variety of hardware components, as well as software and related services to consumers, small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health and education sectors.
The company was founded on January 1, 1939, by William R. Hewlett and David Packard, two recent electrical-engineering graduates of Stanford University. It was the first of many technology companies to benefit from the ideas and support of engineering professor Frederick Terman, who pioneered the strong relationship between Stanford and what eventually emerged as Silicon Valley.
Role and Responsibilities
The Attorney Specialist-Legal Counsel will act as legal advisor to assigned internal clients or other company attorneys with respect to matters related to the area of specialty.
The Legal Counsel identifies legal risk and recommends solutions that help address the client’s objectives. He/She represents company in transactions, interactions, or disputes with customers, suppliers, partners, and competitors. Balances the business interests of client groups with ultimate fiduciary responsibility to company. Represents the company before industry policy setting organizations, government agencies, and other regulatory bodies. Areas of law practiced may include intellectual property law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate securities law, litigation, employment, structured financial deals, US government contracting, outsourcing, environmental, employee benefits, or bankruptcy.
- Providing legal advice to support client decisions within a specific legal concentration.
- Developing risk profiles addressing complex specialty law.
- Refining and building knowledge from a variety of resources, working towards becoming an expert within a specific legal concentration, and shares knowledge with other team members.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving complex legal issues within a specialty area.
Who can Apply
- Advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB); additional advanced degree relevant to the specialty preferred.
- Meets local legal license requirements.
- Typically 4-6 years of commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Well developed level of business experience supporting clients or advising on specialty law matters.
Knowledge and Skills
- The well-developed breadth of practical knowledge within a specific legal concentration, with demonstrated in-depth knowledge in one or more sub- areas within the specific legal concentration.
- Good knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Well-developed competence and experience in negotiating or advising on legal and business matters in the specialty.
- Able to translate complex legal or factual issues into plain language communications.
- English language skills to business standard preferred.
How to Apply
- Go to the link given at the end of this post.
- Read the requirements and other details.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button provided to the right of the Job Title.
- Sign in to the portal and get started with the application.
More posts that you might be interested in
- JOB POST: Legal-Management Trainees [Fresh Graduates] at Hawkins Cookers Ltd, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Associate at Panicker & Panicker, Hyderabad: Applications Open
- JOB POST: Registrar in the Adjudicating Authority, Department of Revenue at New Delhi: Apply by Jan 26, ’21
- JOB POST: Law Officer at Department of Water Supply and Sanitation [DWSS], Mohali: Apply by Dec 14
- JOB POST: Senior Executive Assistant at Clifford Chance LLP, Delhi: Apply Now!