Apple Inc. Media Services is looking to hire for the job role of Legal Counsel-Content Services for their office in Mumbai.
About Apple Inc.
Apple Inc. is an American multinational technology company that specializes in consumer electronics, computer software, and online services. Apple is the world’s largest technology company by revenue and, since January 2021, the world’s most valuable company.
About the Opportunity
Apple Media Services legal group seeks an exceptional lawyer to join our India team. The incumbent will be focused on providing full legal support across matters that impact the Apple content services business, including for the Apple TV app, Apple TV+, Apple Music, Apple Podcast, the App Store, and other services from Apple. Apple is passionate about media and technology, and we want someone like-minded to join our team.
- Supporting and advising the various business teams at Apple in India and internationally.
- Acting as a contact point in India to represent Apple services with key industry partners, organizations and institutions.
- Tracking complex regulatory issues across all content types and advising the business on the impact of pending regulations on their business plans.
- Working on a range of commercial agreements related to different types of content distribution, including movies, TV episodes, music, podcasts and other content from Apple.
- Working on due diligence exercises for product launches.
- Managing projects and a significant contract workload whilst staying organised and keeping internal legal teams and business teams regularly updated on progress.
- Working on the resolution of third party disputes and consumer matters.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Qualified lawyer with specialisation in entertainment law, copyright law and commercial law
- Role can be based out of Bangalore or Mumbai.
Experience and Skills Required
Demonstrate relevant legal experience (private practice and/or in-house experience).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex issues in a clear way to a large audience, both internally and externally.
- Knowledge and experience of the media and entertainment industry in India. Experience of working at a key partner, industry organization, film studio or record label
- Experience in drafting and negotiating sophisticated and groundbreaking commercial license agreements.
- Outstanding negotiation, problem solving, communication and drafting skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, make difficult decisions, break down complex issues, and balance risk with business need.
- Ability to issue spot and advise on legal and commercial implications while supporting business objectives and goals.
- Have a strong work ethic and demonstrate the ability to work in a collaborative and team driven working environment.
- Confident in balancing multiple projects when working towards strict deadlines, with strong organisational skills.
- Passion for building positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners.