About the Opportunity
IJM, India is looking to hire for the role of Legal Consultant to conduct legal research in alignment with the program goals.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organisation that protects the most vulnerable from violence and oppression irrespective of their gender, community, caste, race, and ethnicity.
IJM India works with the State and Central governments on bonded labour and sex trafficking of minors. They work with government officials and grassroots organisations to rescue and rehabilitate victims, prosecute offenders and train public justice officials.
IJM lawyers, researchers, and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators, and to promote functioning public justice systems.
- Communication, which includes conducting legal review of internal publications and memos and providing a legal opinion and writing papers and review documents.
- Policies and Procedures including providing legal opinion on issues of law and reviewing internal and external agreements and policies.
- Training and Development like conducting orientation for research interns and fellows, and seeking out platforms that enhance IJM’s knowledge database and credibility.
- Documentation, Reporting & Data Management including conducting litigation-based research on substantive and procedural domestic law as well as collating and analyze existing research.
- Other administrative and research assignments as may arise.
- Education: Bachelor of Law
- Work Experience: 1-3 years of work experience
- Major Skill(s): Research skills and familiarity with Indian Legal research databases
Other Skills and Competencies
- Technical Competencies:
- Ability to use online Legal research tools
- Knowledge of Office and Excel
- Strong research skills
- Non-Technical Competencies:
- Problem-solving skills, adopting “out of the box” methods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethics
- Planning and organizing
How to Apply
To apply for the post, send your CV with a cover letter to delhirecruiting[at]ijm.org.
Please Note: Another job post for the role of Legal Consultant at Delhi is open. Click here to check the eligibility and job descriptions of the same.
More posts that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.