About the Opportunity
Volvo Group is hiring for the post of Legal and Compliance Counsel, UD Trucks, in Bangalore.
About the Company
The Volvo Group is a Swedish multinational manufacturing company headquartered in Gothenburg. While its core activity is the production, distribution, and sale of trucks, buses, and construction equipment, Volvo also supplies marine and industrial drive systems and financial services.
- Counsel company management and leaders and aid in decision-making and prioritization on corporate governance and legal risks associated with various alternative means for achieving business objectives.
- Design and implement legal processes/procedures and establish policies/guidelines as required to secure timely and effective management of legal risks in the organization.
- Advise operational and corporate functions of UD Trucks organizations in all areas of the law (commercial, competition, corporate, employment, IP, etc.).
- Provide legal services and manage a wide variety of legal issues relating to the operations of the company, including corporate governance, commercial contracts (technology, research and development, marketing, distribution, aftermarket, and technical assistance), disputes, employment, and environment.
- Negotiate, draft, review a range of legal documents including multi-jurisdictional terms of business, vendor agreements, commercial agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc., and ensure that contracts are in compliance with legal, regulatory requirements, and organizational policies.
- Manage disputes, provide remedial actions in coordination with functions and external counsels, and interface with government /regulatory bodies as required.
- Monitor legal or regulatory changes in India and other relevant jurisdictions and optimize legal compliance: report on legal incidents and litigations, compulsory standards, and develop new processes to secure operations
- Coordinate with other legal counsels within the UDT Group and manage outside legal service providers as required.
Compliance & Ethics – Governance
- Implement UDT & Group compliance policies and initiatives to raise employee awareness.
- Design, implement, and maintain policies and procedures for the UD organization.
- Develop an implementation plan and provide compliance training to employees of all levels.
- Contribute to building and developing the UDT compliance framework and culture.
- Lead or support compliance investigations as required.
Who is it for?
- L.L.B or LLM from a leading University. Company Secretary certification
- Minimum 7 years of law firm practice or in-house experience in India in the areas of general corporate and commercial matters
- Excellent command of English and local languages, both written and spoken
- Overseas work experience or experience working in an international organization
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Solid technical legal knowledge/skills and strong business sense required
- Distinctive problem-solving abilities, synthesizing and communication skills
- Capable of setting clear goals and priorities to manage workload and multiple tasks
- Ability to handle complex legal issues and develop solutions independently
- A can-do mindset with high drive and energy – i.e. willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ when/if needed
- Strong personal credibility, integrity, and creativity
- Ability to work with others in a multicultural Team/Office environment and to meet stringent deadlines
- Willingness and ability to travel (primarily to Japan and SEA countries) as needed
More posts that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.