Citi or Citibank is seeking to hire a professional for the job role of Legal Associate Counsel, for its office in Mumbai.
Citibank is the consumer division of financial services multinational Citigroup. Citibank was founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York, and later became First National City Bank of New York.
Citi’s Global Consumer Bank (GCB), a global leader in banking, credit cards and wealth management, is a critical growth engine for Citi. With a strategic focus on the U.S., Mexico and Asia, the Global Consumer Bank serves more than 110 million clients in 19 markets.
About the Role
The Assistant Counsel is an entry-level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees in an effort to manage and direct day-to-day legal activities in coordination with the Legal team. The overall objective of this role is to provide legal support, advice and guidance across a broad range of practice areas.
- Allocate and supervise daily work flow for small team of clerical/support employees
- Provide operative support on internal legal processes
- Assist external attorneys with routine operative needs in conjunction with Citi’s applications and legal issues
- Manage and maintain the document file area according to document preservation and retention laws
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Skills and Experience Required
- Previous relevant experience preferred
- Banking/financial industry experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, state and federal laws and practices
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven analytical and organizational skills