Goldman Sachs (India) is currently seeking to hire a Company Secretary for the job role of Associate (Legal) to join their Legal division in Mumbai.
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., is an American multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered in New York City. It offers services in investment management, securities, asset management, prime brokerage, and securities underwriting.
About the Job Opportunity
Goldman Sachs (India) is currently looking for a company secretary to join our company secretarial team within their Legal division in Mumbai.
The successful candidate would join as an Associate and will be responsible for company secretarial, regulatory and licensing and labour law related matters for Goldman Sachs entities in Mumbai, India.
Responsibilities will include supporting the Legal and Company Secretarial team in:
- Preparing for and conducting Board and general meetings, committee meetings, drafting of agenda items, minutes & proceedings of Board & general meetings; maintaining other statutory registers.
- Filing of various forms, resolutions and returns under Companies Act, with ROC and Regional Director. Correspondence and filing returns with various statutory authorities.
- Preparing and circulating circular resolutions for board and committee approval from time to time
- Compliance with various labour laws and attending to necessary filings and inspections and inquiries
- Interpretation and implementation of regulations and regulatory developments, framing of policies and procedures, charters, regulatory compliance and timely reporting
- Assistance in relation to the obtaining and renewal of authorizations and licenses
- Corporate Law, RBI, Labour Law, SEBI, Stock Exchanges etc.
- Providing timely and commercially sound guidance and advice to business managers on all regulatory matters.
- Recommending changes to processes and procedures to reduce compliance risk and raise operational standards.
- Implementation of corporate actions like buyback, incorporation, restructuring, mergers or other similar activities.
- Membership of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- 4 – 6 years of relevant experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience preferably at a regulated financial institution
- Additional qualification of LLB highly preferred