NPCI or The National Payments Corporation of India is looking to hire experienced legal professionals for the job role of Lead Compliance [Law].
The National Payments Corporation of India is an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems under the ownership of Reserve Bank of India in India.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out due diligence exercise in order to understand the applicable laws in India and international jurisdictions;
- Ensure that the business is consistent with the current regulations;
- Continuously monitor worldwide regulations and emerging trends in the sector impacting the organization
- Mitigating compliance risks, implementing the legal and regulatory risk compliance program and to ensure that the company business in India complies with local and international payments legislation and regulation
- Developing and implementing compliance policies, processes and procedures;
- Identify gaps in the existing policy frameworks and suggest changes as required based on applicable regulations
- Assisting internal stakeholders in formulation of policies and processes from a legal and compliance perspective while also helping them identify regulatory and operational risks
- Incorporate inputs and finalize commercial / business contracts such as LOI, MOU, NDA, cooperation/ teaming/consortium contracts, IT/Software/IP contracts, etc.
- Identifying and mitigating legal and regulatory risks in documents and commercial arrangements
- Advising internal stakeholders on compliance with legal requirements pertaining to local and international payments as well as data privacy and protection legislations;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements and other documents that are complex, high-risk and strategic in nature, with domestic and foreign entities;foreign dispute resolution mechanism;
- Working closely with business teams on identification of the commercial and operational risks
- Keep abreast with, review and update internal stakeholders with the recent changes in laws and regulations as may be applicable to the payment and settlement industry
- Coordinate with external counsels for seeking legal opinions, drafting / reviewing documents on commercial and policy
- Advising other functions within the organizations on legal issues pertaining to their functioning
- Providing legal analysis in relation to new business initiatives and products
Education & Experience Required
- LLB with 6-8 years’ work experience in international regulatory requirements for payments products. Candidates having expertise in regulatory guidelines in the Fintech space related to payments compliance, remittance, and other financial products will be preferred. Candidates with experience at corporate, law firm or in-house, or a combination of all.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to handle emergency situations.
- Decision making skills
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Good communication skills (written & spoken)
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.