Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh is looking to engage professionals for the job role of Law Officer.
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research is a medical and research institution in Chandigarh, India. It is an ‘Institute of National Importance’. It has educational, medical research, and training facilities for its students including all specialties, super specialties and subspecialties.
About the Opportunity
PGIMER is seeking to engage the services of a Law Officer (Group A) on a direct recruitment basis.
Law Officer: Level-10 (Rs. 56100-177500/-) in the Pay Matrix.
- Degree in law or equivalent.
- Should be a qualified practitioner who has practice as such for a minimum period of six (06) years.
Only such period of practice shall be counted towards the requisite period of practice as a qualified advocate which has been conducted after having possession of valid enrolment/ registration certificate from the Bar Council.
In support of the claim for having practiced as a qualified law practitioner for the prescribed period of time, the candidate shall be required to upload:
- the copy of Bar Council enrollment/ registration certificate along with renewal certificate(s) thereof from time to time,
- certificate(s) from the Bar Association of which the candidate is/ has been a member or certificate(s) issued by the Presiding Officer of a Court before which the candidate has practiced for the required period,
- a list of cases practiced during the mentioned period with an Affidavit in this regard, and
- copies of Income tax returns filed during the relevant periods of practice as an advocate.
How to Apply?
- The online applications will start from 1st June 2021 (Further details will be updated on the website).
- No offline application form or copy of downloaded application form will beaccepted by the PGIMER.
- Registered Users Click on `Applicant login’ to access the Application form with User ID and password received on your email and mobile number.
- Click on the ‘Go to Application Form’ button and please read the important instructions carefully.
- The Application Form is categorized into several sections viz. personal information, qualification(s), experience(s), and uploading of documents/ certificates. You need to fill the section-wise application form.
- Click here for the application guidelines and other information.
Persons with Bench-mark Disabilities (PwBD): Exempted from payment of fee.
- SC/ST category: Rs. 800/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable.
- For all others including General/ OBC/EWS: Rs.1500/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable.
- Important: The candidates willing to apply may visit the Institute’s website i.e. www.pgimer.edu.in (Recruitment link at Home page) for detailed guidelines, eligibility criteria, etc. All subsequent Corrigendum/ Addendum/ updates will be uploaded on the
Institute’s website only.
The result will only be declared on the Institute’s website: www.pgimer.edu.in.
No individual information at any stage shall be sent and hence all candidates should regularly visit the Institute’s website.
Scheme of Examination
- Candidates who have successfully submitted their online application will be allowed to appear in the online computer-based test (CBT).
- On the basis of Computer Based Examination, candidates who qualify the exam
will be shortlisted on the basis of merit for further recruitment process i.e. scrutiny of their applications and documents to decide their eligibility as per applicable recruitment rules of the concerned post, if any.
- After the interview and document verification, candidates whose certificates in support of their age, educational qualification and experience, etc. will be in order, would be finally selected on merit only based on the marks obtained in the CBT & interview.
June 28, 2021
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.