UPCL or Uttarakhand Power Corporation Ltd, Dehradun is looking to recruit for the job vacancy for the position of Law Officer.
Uttaranchal Power Corporation Ltd. was created on the 1st April 2001 after the de-merger from UPPCL (erstwhile UPSEB) catering to the Transmission & Distribution Infrastructure in the Uttaranchal born on 9th November 2000 as the 27th State of India & 10th Himalayan State of the country.
About the Opportunity
UPCL published a recruitment notification for the post of Law Officer. UPCL has about 105 vacant positions to fulfill in Uttarakhand. Online Applications are invited from eligible candidates having LLB qualifications.
Incumbents would be responsible to provide assistance in all legal matters specifically related to The Electricity Laws, The Contract Act, The Consumer and Labour Laws, finalization of Deeds, Agreements, PPA, Legal matters related to Electricity Regulatory Commission Ombudsman/Electricity Appellate Tribunal, cases in Hon’ble Supreme/High Court /Consumer Courts and other duties assigned by the Management from time to time.
Qualification & Experience: The applicant should be a graduate in Law from a recognized institute of repute with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the Legal Department of a PSU/organization/as a Practicing lawyer (after registration in Bar Council) and having experience of dealing with various Consumer Related Matters in Consumer Forum Regulatory Commission Service Tribunal Labour Court/various Courts etc.
Should have a thorough knowledge of Hindi, in Devanagri script.
Applicants age should be
- Minimum age of 21 years
- Maximum age 42 years as on closing date of application.
Selection to the posts of Law Officer will be done on the basis of subjective & objective Written Examinations in the concerned subjects followed by Interviews of Shortlisted candidates on the basis of qualifying criteria (40% marks for General, OBC & EWS Category, 30 for SC & ST Category in both the papers separately) in the written examination. There will be a negative marking a reduction of the mark for each incorrect answer No marking will be given for un-attempted question(s)
1) Paper – Bilingual objective type is written test paper for a duration of 130 hours of 100 marks having 100 Questions on Law subjects viz. The Electricity Laws. The Contract Laws, The Consumer & The Labour Laws, General Laws, etc & General Awareness
2) Paper 11- Bilingual Subjective written test paper for a duration of 2 hours of 100 marks on Essay writing
Consolidated remuneration will be paid up to Rs. 56100 – 206700 per month.
Candidates will be selected based on the performance in the Written Examination and Interview.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of UPCL.
- Go to Notification and select the post to apply.
- Click on Apply Online Link -> New Registration, if you are a new user.
- After registration log in with Registration Number and Password.
- Fill out complete details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned copies of Documents/Certificates.
- Pay the application fee.
- Finally, submit the online application.
For detailed procedure of online application, click here.
The advertisement & online application format shall be hosted on the UPCL website www.upcl.org or GBPUAT’S website (www.tscpantnagar.com). The Candidate will have to submit their application online and get a printed application of the same which shall be submitted to GBPUAT along with documents & fee receipt to “Coordinator (Test & Selection), Lambert Square Guest House, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, District- Udham Singh Nagar-263145, Uttarakhand
- General / OBC / EWS: Rs. 800
- SC / ST : Rs. 400
- Online application starts from 17th March 2021
- Last Date for the online application 16th April 2021
Note: Candidates are advised to read the official notification and the instructions thereby, carefully before applying for the role at UPCL.
More such Job opportunities that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.