About the Opportunity
Thomson Reuters is looking to hire for the job post of India Editor who is Mumbai-based, for its legal magazine Asian Legal Business.
About Asian Legal Business
Asian Legal Business (ALB) is owned by Thomson Reuters, the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. It was founded in the year 2002.
It publishes authoritative insights, networking and business development opportunities to legal professionals throughout the Asia-Pacific and the Middle East regions. ALB combines news and analysis from its team of professional legal journalists and the expert opinions of senior industry professionals with Reuters news and insights that power businesses across the globe.
The role involves: expanding ALB’s coverage of India’s legal industry, writing and curating the weekly ALB India Intelligence newsletter, and helping the commercial team to launch additional products in the Indian market.
The editor will also be responsible for building a network within India’s legal industry, breaking key news in the market, and diversify their output into multimedia.
- Expanding ALB’s coverage of the Indian market
- Overseeing the India e-magazine that is published every other month
- Breaking key news relevant to our readership; write in-depth analysis pieces to reflect important trends
- Writing and curating the weekly ALB India Intelligence newsletter
- Assisting the commercial team in India in launching and executing new products
- Building our multimedia capabilities – video interviews, podcasts, and more
- Building a network of lawyers – both in law firms as well as in-house
Who is it for?
- 6-7 years of experience in journalism, business/trade journalism preferred
- Some experience in the legal industry – working as a lawyer or with lawyers – a massive plus
- Proficiency in both breaking news and in-depth analysis
- Strong interviewing and writing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Familiarity with new ways of producing content – newsletters, multimedia
- Strong networker able to build sources and relationships
- Self-starter able to make decisions without regular supervision
- Able to stick to hard deadlines
- Able to work quickly and cope with occasional pressure situations
- Able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders – clients and ALB
- Collaborative and easy to get along with
More posts that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.