The IDIA project was initiated to reach out to these marginalized and under-represented groups, sensitize them to law as a viable career option and help interested students acquire admission to these law schools.
It is hoped that such access to legal education would go some way towards empowering the marginalized and underprivileged students and the communities that they represent.
IDIA is looking to appoint 2-3 Directors, who will be in charge of specific operations within IDIA.
We would like the Directors to commence work in May or June, but are willing to consider a later start date.
Operations and Management
1. You will be in charge of supervising IDIA volunteer teams spread across the various law schools in India.
These teams work on a diverse array of activities including sensitizing various school children to law as a career option, picking children with aptitude for study of law, training them over 1-3 years, mentoring them and delivering leadership training.
Activities also include community empowerment programmes.
2. Foster active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
Promote a collaborative network across India to drive IDIA’s mission forward.
1. Provide leadership in conceptualizing and executing new programmes, initiatives, and collaborations for IDIA.
2. Widen the reach and impact of IDIA and to scale these up in a sustainable manner.
3. Create greater awareness around IDIA, its activities, programmes and goals
1. Initiate various fund raising programmes for IDIA to make it more sustainable in the future
2. Build and maintain partnerships with other institutions that can aid IDIA in its mission.
Qualifications: The person could be from any background, though a law background might be helpful. Also ideally the person should have at least 2-3 years work experience, though this could be waived in select cases of highly meritorious candidates.
Salary: Will be commensurate with skills and experience and will be on par with similar positions in the non-profit sector.
Reporting: The Director will report to the senior management and the Managing Trustee.
Location: Location could be anywhere in India. But would be ideal if person could be in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore or Kolkata.
How to apply: Send your CV to Shamnad (Managing Trustee) and Kranti (Executive Vice President) at [email protected] and [email protected], along with a short statement (not more than 2,500 words) on why you are the best fit for this job.
For more details on IDIA, see : www.idialaw.com