BlackRock, an American multinational investment management corporation, is looking to hire for the job role of Financial Crime Analyst, in Mumbai.
BlackRock, Inc. is an American multinational investment management corporation based in New York City. Founded in 1988, initially as risk management and fixed income institutional asset manager, BlackRock is the world’s largest asset manager, with over $8 trillion in assets under management as of January 2021. BlackRock operates globally with 70 offices in 30 countries and clients in 100 countries.
About the Opportunity
The firm is seeking an individual to join the global Financial Crime team, based in Mumbai. The role requires an ability to help the firm mitigate a broad range of financial crime risks, including money laundering and terrorist financing, sanctions, bribery and corruption, and fraud. Subject-matter expertise in a specific financial crime compliance risk area, such as transaction monitoring, investigations, reporting, or sanctions and the ability to interact with cross border teams would be an advantage. Strong technical and analytical skills are necessary for success in this position. The successful candidate will be based in Mumbai but will maintain close, ongoing coordination with the global Financial Crime team.
- Provide operations support to the global Financial Crime team
- Support development of multiple aspects of the firm’s financial crime compliance program
- Provide project management support and help execute project deliverables
- Support creation, maintenance, and delivery of team reporting
- Conduct initial investigations of screening and transaction surveillance alerts
- Provide advice to the KYC onboarding team on standard customer due diligence queries.
- Communicate with transfer agent and client experience management teams on KYC requests
- Identify and escalate risks, including potential sanctions issues, adverse media, and financial crime red flags
- Support quality assurance reviews
- Identify opportunities to automate processes and internal business functions to drive process efficiencies and reduce risk
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to align technology solutions with business strategies
Knowledge and Experience Required
- 1-3 years in financial crime compliance or related field (e.g. risk management, law, law enforcement, investigations)
- Experience in transaction monitoring would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication, judgment, and business partnership skills
- Ability to communicate complex and/or technical concepts clearly and concisely to a non-technical or lay audience is an advantage.
- Basic facility with Excel and quantitative/statistical analysis
- Experience with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, Qlik) is an advantage
- Experience with compliance software (e.g. customer screening, databases, workflow management)
- Team-focused with ability to work independently
- Proactive, self-motivated, well organized, and strong attention to detail
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Other languages an advantage
- Experience with SQL, Python, R, and advanced Excel a plus
How to Apply?
- Click on the link given at the end of this post.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ button on the landing page.