About the Opportunity
The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) is looking to empanel registered and practicing advocates on the panel to represent CPCB before the National Green Tribunal, Chennai, High Court of Karnataka, High Court of Kerala, High Court of Madras, High Court of Andhra Pradesh & High Court of Telangana.
The Central Pollution Control Board of India is a statutory organization under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. It was established in 1974 under the Water Act, 1974. The CPCB is also entrusted with the powers and functions under the Air Act, 1981.
Advocates registered under Bar Council of India/State Bar Council and should be a member of the concerned Bar Association.
Skills and Competencies Required
- Minimum six years practicing experience exclusively dealing with the cases in High Courts and National Green Tribunal independently
- Preference will be given to those advocates having the following criteria:
- Conducting cases on Environmental Laws in the High Courts & National
- Green Tribunal (Advocate with science & public administration background is
- Shall be well acquainted with social media such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and digital & electronic media of communications
- Shall be well acquainted with check Cause list/Orders/Judgement/Case status from the respective High Court & NGT websites
- Shall possess a computer and its accessories for participating in VC. Thorough knowledge in using computer /Microsoft applications is desired
How to Apply
- The interested candidates must send their application in the prescribed format along with all supporting documents.
- Bar Council Registration certificate
- Bar Association experience certificate
- Relevant educational Mark sheets with Certificates
- All the above documents must be scanned and the scanned copies must be sent to the Regional Director (South), Bengaluru [zobangalore.cpcb[at]nic.in] and [anjana.cpcb[at]nic.in]
- The hardcopy of the application shall also be sent to the following:
- Regional Director,
Central Pollution Control Board,
Regional Directorate South,
“Nisarga Bhawan”, 1st Floor,
Thimmaiah Road, 7th ‘D’ cross,
- The application must be sent within 21 days from 18th November 2020.
More posts that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.