Amazon India is looking to hire for the job role of Contracts Manager-Digital Legal, in Bangalore to support the business’ rapidly evolving and expanding digital and content business.
Amazon.com, Inc., is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington, which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.
It was founded by Jeff Bezos in Bellevue, Washington, on July 5, 1994. The company started as an online marketplace for books but expanded to sell electronics, software, video games, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewelry. Amazon is the largest Internet company by revenue in the world.
Amazon Retail operates similarly to large big box stores and is a lot like adding Amazon as a retail trading partner. Suppliers negotiate wholesale prices for their items, which Amazon then purchases, merchandises, and resells on the Amazon.com website.
About the Job Opportunity
Amazon is looking for a talented Contracts Manager to support their rapidly evolving and expanding digital and content business.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support Amazon’s digital businesses including Alexa and Westland Publishing.
- Be responsible for drafting and negotiating documents for strategic technology transactions as well as content acquisition and related services.
- Be responsible for drafting and reviewing a range of other commercial contracts, NDAs and internal SOPs and guidelines.
- Work with attorneys to verify compliance with applicable laws, and contract terms, and assist in develop and conducting training for internal teams, as part of end-to-end contract management.
- Provide day-to-day contracting advice to business team members, and drive process improvements to simplify transactions from beginning to end.
- Throughout all the above tasks, you will closely coordinate with local and global legal teams and outside counsel. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enjoy being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Bachelors’ degree / graduation from a premier institute
- Preferred Qualification: LL.B. (Bachelors in law degree)
- 5+ years of legal experience in contracts management, leading contract negotiations and redlining/drafting contracts within a law firm or legal department
- Ability to invent, simplify and improve legal and contracting processes
Experience and Skills Required
- Experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating the legal terms of a broad range of standard commercial contracts
- Well versed in written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player and consensus builder with great people skills who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
- Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
- In-house experience with a reputed MNC in intellectual property transactions.
How to Apply?
- Click on the link given at the end of this post.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button on the landing page and start filling the application form.
Bangalore (Bengaluru), Karnataka