About the Opportunity
Bain & Company, a global management consultancy headquartered in Boston, is looking to hire for the post of Contracts Counsel for its Delhi office.
About Bain & Company
Founded in the year 1973, Bain & Company is a global management consultancy headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. One of the “Big Three” management consultancies, it is seen as one of the most prestigious employers in the industry. The firm provides advice to public, private and non-profit organizations.
They are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and they have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor’s list for the last 12 years.
The Legal group at Bain is a team of experienced lawyers across the globe who work closely together to support the firm. Bain is a deeply client-focused organization, and the team is equally focused on maintaining the highest possible client-service standards with their own internal clients.
They are looking for an attorney with broad corporate law experience with the ability to handle multiple projects efficiently. This is a regional role (APAC) and the Contracts Counsel will be located in New Delhi, India.
- Principal focus on India, broader regional role over time
- Review, draft and negotiate legal contracts including:
- Consulting engagement agreements,
- Confidentiality agreements,
- Vendor contracts,
- Various other types of agreements
- Directly negotiate with Bain clients, subcontractors, vendors and alliance partners and/or support Bain case teams in negotiating contracts acceptable to Bain
- Communicate your assessment of the legal issues in an agreement to internal clients and/or one or more of the senior lawyers on Bain’s legal team in a clear and concise manner
- Coordinate review and comment by other departments
- Review and prepare RFP responses
- Support other members of Bain’s legal team on special projects
- Advise Bain Partners and teams on legal matters related to client projects and internal projects across the region
- Advising on various Global Bain policies
- Advising Bain Partners and teams on internal risk management policy issues and interpretations
- Continually developing and improving legal team processes, compliance-related processes, contract templates, best-negotiating practices, etc.
- Top-tier academics.
- Bar admission with 8+ years of relevant experience at a national or international law firm and/or in-house experience at an MNC.
- Experience independently managing large deals or projects required
- Strong legal drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly-developed organizational skills and be articulate, detail oriented and hard working
- Candidates for this position should have a strong desire for professional growth and additional responsibility within a global role and should be able to work independently while at the same time having a strong one-team ethic
Click here for the application FAQs.
More posts that you might be interested in
Join 70,000 law students. Receive only the posts you want.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.