UN Women (India) is looking to hire an experienced professional for the role of Consultant-Gender Research and Documentation, for their project in Mumbai (Maharashtra).
About the Organization
UN Women is the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women is dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
About the Opportunity
In the state of Madhya Pradesh, UN Women works closely with WCD to support the department’s interventions on Ending Violence against Women and Girls (EVAWG); Gender Responsive Governance and Budgeting; and Women’s Economic Empowerment. Under UN Women and WCD’s ongoing partnership, UN Women will support the department to draft the state’s first women entrepreneurship policy to enable women from all spheres to achieve sustainable economic growth, employment and increase women labour force participation especially in the context of COVID-19 pandemic.
Within the above context, UN Women seeks the services of a Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWE) Research and Documentation Consultant to lead and facilitate dialogue and consultations between various stakeholders and partners in the states of Maharashtra (in collaboration with UNICEF) and Madhya Pradesh as well as to provide strategic policy and technical support in the drafting of requisite state policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the orientation meeting with UN Women, UNICEF and relevant other partners to understand the ToR, specific roles of responsibilities and deliverables of the assignment.
- Conduct a desk review documenting the situation analysis of GEWE in the two states, specific to the identified thrust areas and focused priority sectors under the guidance of UN Women and UNICEF.
- Support UN Women and UNICEF on Gender Budgeting efforts and interventions in the state of Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- Outline international, national and state-wide GEWE normative frameworks and commitments, review good practices, identify, existing gaps and provide policy and programming recommendations on focused priority sectors.
- Outline and draft policy sections with budgetary analysis including the GEWE context, situation analysis of focused priority sectors; institutional and convergence mechanisms and proposed action plans for effective implementation and monitoring of policies.
- Workplan for the assignment and draft outline of policies following the orientation meeting with UN Women, UNICEF and relevant partners.
- Draft GEWE context and situation analysis of focused priority sectors.
- Mapping of relevant actors and stakeholders for cross-sectoral representation and coordination on drafting the policies.
- Drafting and finalization of policies.
- Action brief on the assignment.
Qualification and Experience Required
- Educational Quaification: Master’s Degree in Social Sciences/ Social Work /Gender Studies/Public Administration/Policy or related fields.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in research and documentation and policy expertise at the national/state level working with development projects including hands-on experience of design, implementation, and monitoring/evaluation of projects preferably on Gender Equality and Women’s Rights;
- Experience in policy analysis, financial/budgetary data analysis, statistics, and quantitative and qualitative research is required;
- Experience in working with national/ state governments; particularly on GEWE is required.
- Proficiency in English
- Good command over Hindi and Marathi in reading and writing.
How to Apply?
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications in one single PDF document:
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment, please combine all your documents into one (1) single PDF document. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment;
- Applications received after the close date will not be accepted;
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Click here to know more about the opportunity.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.