American Express India is looking to hire for the job post of Compliance Analyst, for its office in Gurgaon, Haryana.
About American Express
The American Express Company is a multinational financial services corporation headquartered in the Financial District of Lower Manhattan in New York City. The company was founded in 1850 and is one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- This position is responsible for auditing business units against the applicable regulatory requirement.
- This position which is a part of an audit group within the Compliance world will be responsible for auditing and testing against applicable regulatory requirements.
- This role will be required to perform testing of various business units across the various legal entities of American Express and thereby enable the Market Compliance Officers to gain assurance regarding the management of the company’s compliance risk.
- Timely execution of fieldwork & testing is a core responsibility.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness in the execution testing phase are critical.
- Regular and timely dialogue and communication on the progress of the work and potential findings to the
- Manager Compliance Testing Team and local Market Compliance Officers.
- Ability to identify and communicate findings and obtain the concurrence of the findings.
- Work with business to develop remediation plans to address findings.
- Assist in coordinating information requests and circulate to the business units prior to commencement of the testing fieldwork.
- From time to time, work with the local Market Compliance officers to detect and identify emerging regulatory risks or impending legislation that may have an impact on the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- This position will be based in Gurgaon and will report to the Manager- Compliance Testing.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in internal audit/consultancy within the Big Four or in a bank/financial institution background.
- The ideal candidate would be someone from a mix of Big 4 audit background plus internal audit experience in a bank/financial institution.
- Strong internal control and validating testing skills are a MUST.
- Good academic qualifications with experience in compliance or legal would be an added advantage.
- Ability to think in a logical manner and document in a clear and concise manner of the testing work papers.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills including the ability to conceptualize and break down complex issues into actionable tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Solid report writing on internal control findings is required for this role.
- Ability to work independently from the design of compliance test plan, execution of fieldwork testing, communication of findings to business, and reporting phase.
- Capable of executing tasks independently with minimal supervision.
- A good team player with high standards of integrity
Click here for the official job posting.
More Job Opportunities that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.