CSE or Centre for Science and Environment is looking to hire a professional for the job role of Programme Officer for their Climate Change Programme.
About the Organization
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) is a not-for-profit public interest research and advocacy organization based in New Delhi, India. It was established in 1980 and since then it works as a think tank on environment-development issues in India, poor planning, climate shifts devastating India’s Sundarbans, and advocates for policy changes and better implementation of the already existing policies.
The director of the Centre is Sunita Narain. Under her leadership, the Centre for Science and Environment exposed the high level of pesticides present in American brands of soft drinks such as Coke and Pepsi. In 2018 the CSE was awarded Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament, and Development. Some of its projects include investigating food adulteration and consumer product safety.
About the Opportunity
CSE is looking to hire a professional for the job role of Programme Officer with relevant experience, for its Climate Change Programme.
Roles and Responsibilities
- CSE is looking for an individual who would be an integral member of the climate change team providing data and information analysis and research support in the thematic areas of adaptation, mitigation, policy development; support in various outreach events such as webinars, training programmes, and networking interventions; as well as a prolific writer.
- Publication is an essential aspect of CSE’s research-based advocacy and the candidate is required to engage in critical and unbiased analysis on the varied dimensions of climate change.
- It is highly desirable for the candidate to have strong quantitative skills with the ability to represent complex data as easily comprehensible information for policymakers and the general public.
Qualification and Experience Required
- A Master’s or Ph.D. degree in natural resource management, environmental science/law/economy, international relations, sustainable development, or other fields relevant for the consultancy.
- A minimum of 4-5 years of relevant working experience, including in-depth knowledge of climate change policies, programmes, and good practices.
- Ideally, experience in the policy writing and practice of international climate change negotiations specifically the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change and its bodies.
- Experience in developing country climate change needs.
- Experience in reporting on organizational or programmatic impacts will be considered an asset.
- Experience of working in an international organization will be considered an asset.
- Substantial record of research and publications with an emphasis on environmental and climate change management and sustainable development, including non-scientific communications.
- Should have strong empirical skills with the ability to crunch complex quantitative data into easily comprehensive information for policymakers and the general public.
- Excellent demonstrated writing skills and fluency in English are required.
How to Apply?
- To apply for the position at CSE, click at the end of this post and choose ‘PO – Climate’.
- Please submit your application latest by 30th April 2021.
- You can also send/post your application to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta
Executive Director- Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110062
Tel: 011-29955124/5125; Fax: 29955879
Click here for the official information.
More such Job opportunities that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.