Recruitment of Civil Judge (Junior Division) for Jharkhand Judicial Service
1. Degree of Law from a recognized University and enrolled as an advocate under the Advocates, Act, 1961 till last date of submission of application form. Valid registration is must. The suspended Registration not be accepted
2. Possesses sound health, bears good moral character and is not involved in, or related to any criminal case involving moral turpitude
1. Above the age of 22 years and below the age of 35 years as on 31.01.2015
2. Provided that in the case of female candidate, or candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe there shall be relaxation of the upper age limit by 3 years.
Syllabus for Preliminary Entrance Test
1. General English
2. General Knowledge (including Current Affairs)
3. The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908.
4. The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973.
5. The Indian Evidence Act, 1872.
6. The Law of Contract, 1872.
7. The Indian Penal Code, 1860.
Syllabus for MAINS
Paper – I
1. Procedural Law (The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 and The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973).
2. The Indian Penal Code, 1860.
3. The Indian Evidence Act, 1872.
4. The Limitation Act, 1963.
Paper – II
1. The Contract Act, 1872
2. The Sales of Goods Act, 1930
3. The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
4. The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
5. The Transfer of Property Act, 1882
Paper – III
1. The Hindu Law and The Mohammedan Law
2. Rent Control Law.
3. The Specific Relief Act, 1963
Paper IV (Language)
Hindi & English (Essay, Precise writing, Translation & Paraphrase)
For further details, click HERE.