GAIL India is inviting applications for the recruitment of Chief General Manager (Law) and Senior Officer (law) to fill up 1 and 4 vacancies respectively.
GAIL Limited is a government-owned natural gas corporation responsible for natural gas processing and distribution in India headquartered in New Delhi, India. It is under the ownership of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India.
About the Opportunity
GAIL India Limited New Delhi invites online applications from eligible Indian Citizens for the recruitment of various positions.
Following are the Legal positions vacant:
- Chief General Manager (Law)
- Senior Officer (Law)
Number of Vacancies
- Chief General Manager (Law): 01 (One)
- Senior Officer (Law): 04 (Four)
Senior Officer (Law):
- Graduate degree in any discipline with minimum 60% marks and Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) (minimum 03 years professional course) with minimum 60% marks. OR
- 05 years Integrated LLB Degree (Professional) with minimum 60% marks.
- Preference will be given to candidates having Master Degree in Law (LLM).
Experience: Minimum 01 (One) year post qualification executive inline experience as a Law Executive in State/Central Government Department(s)/ Institution(s)/Undertaking(s) and/ or Large Private Sector Organization(s)/ Institution(s)/ Company(ies) of repute as an employee of that Organization OR as an advocate in Large law Firm. Candidates must
have hands on experience in handling litigation before different Judicial/ Quasi-Judicial Forums, Arbitration and Conciliation matters, Drafting & vetting various legal documents, handling legal matters pertaining to Mergers, Acquisitions & Joint Ventures, Regulatory matters of Hydrocarbon sector, Industrial/labour law matters, etc.
Chief General Manager (Law): Graduate Degree in any Discipline with minimum 50% marks and Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) (minimum 3 years professional course) with minimum 50% marks OR 5 years Integrated LLB Degree (Professional) with minimum 50% marks. Preference will be given to candidates having Master Degree in Law (LLM).
Experience: Candidate must possess minimum 24 years of post-qualification executive experience (including experience as ET/MT) in State/Central Government Department(s)/ Organization(s)/ Undertakings(s) and/or Large Private Sector Organization(s)/Institutions(s)/Company(ies) of repute / Large Law Firms as an employee of that organization, out of which at least 16 years’ should essentially be in legal function.
Experience of upto 8 years as practicing advocate, out of total 24 years of required experience shall also be considered.
Candidates presently working in Government/ PSUs/ PSBs must have minimum 01 year experience in the next lower pay scale (in IDA pattern) of Rs.1,20,000-2,80,000/- (revised scale of 2017) or equivalent (In CPSEs where the scale of Rs.1,20,000-2,80,000/- is being operated in more than one executive level, only one level below the highest level in which the scale of Rs.1,20,000- 2,80,000/- is operated will be considered).
Senior Officer (Law):
- Pay Scale: Rs. 60,000 – 1,80,000/-
- Initial Basic Pay: Rs.60,000/-
Chief General Manager (Law):
- Pay Scale: Rs.1,20,000 – 2,80,000/-
- Initial Basic Pay: Rs.1,20,000/-
How to Apply?
Senior Officer (Law)
- At the time of submission of online application, candidates belonging to General, EWS & OBC (NCL) category are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) (excluding applicable Convenience Fee and Taxes).
- The application fee is to be paid by typing or pasting the link in a URL (Uniform Resource Locator) using any browser. Click here for the payment link.
- Thereafter applicants need to select the correct Advertisement Number and click on Proceed Button to pay the requisite application fee. Applicants are required to fill their basic personal details and click on the Terms and Conditions Check Box before clicking on the Pay Now Button. Applicants need to choose their preferred mode of payment such as Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, Paytm, Wallet & UPI etc. to pay the Application Fee. Applicable
Convenience Fee and Taxes, if any over and above the Application Fee will be borne by the Applicant.
- After successful Transaction, applicants need to take note of the Receipt Number, which can be retrieved in the Payment History Page by entering Mobile Number and email Id.The User Manual for payment of application fees is available at GAIL website (careers.gail.co.in).
- Further, the Receipt Number obtained through payment gateway is to be entered in the online application form in the “Bank Transaction Number” field. The Application fee once deposited/paid will not be allowed to be withdrawn and the application fee once paid will neither be refunded on any account nor would this fee be held in reserve for future exam/ selection.
Chief General Manager (Law)
- Candidates will be required to apply online through GAIL website: www.gailonline.com.
- No other means / mode of application shall be accepted. Website will be open from 1100 hrs on 30.06.2021 to 1800 hrs on 29.07.2021.
- Before registering/applying online, candidates are advised to go through detailed instructions related to the application process. The candidate should possess the following and keep the same handy while applying online:
- Valid email ID and mobile no.
- Receipt Number obtained through payment gateway, if applicable.
- Scanned copy of self-attested recent passport size colour photograph (3.5 X 4.5 cm) of the candidate with white background (.JPEG/ .JPG/ .BMP format size upto 50 KB).
- After submitting online application, candidate is required to download the Application Form generated by the system with unique registration number. Candidate should put his/ her signature at the space provided and keep the form with him/ her for future reference.
- Candidates are NOT required to submit hard copy of application form to GAIL at thisstage.
- Chief General Manager (Law): July 29th, 2021
- Senior Officer (Law): August 5th, 2021
- Application link for the position of Senior Officer (Law)
- Official notification for the position of Senior Officer (Law)
- Application link for the position of Chief General Magaer(Law)
- Official notification for the position of Chief General Manager (Law)