CRED, a credit card bill payments app, founded by Kunal Shah, is looking to hire for the job post of Associate Legal Counsel, for its office in Bangalore.
Cred is an initiative of Kunal Shah, founder of FreeCharge. The app aims to make paying credit card bills simpler and reward you for paying them on time. The app asks for your phone number to check your credit score with Cibil, CRIF and Experian.
CRED is an exclusive community for India’s most trustworthy and creditworthy individuals, where the members are rewarded for good financial behavior. CRED was born out of a need to bring back the focus on a long-lost virtue, one of trust, the idea is to create a community-centered around this virtue.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review and negotiate commercial agreements with various business partners (including D2C brands, banks, marketing agencies, tech platforms, and financial institutions) on a wide range of matters from marketing, promotions, e-commerce contracts, payment support services contracts, and similar standard commercial contracts to complex, high-dollar value transactions and cutting-edge business initiatives
- Advice the business teams on laws applicable and legal risks related to new lines of business and assist the business teams in structuring the new lines of business
- Draft terms of service, standard form agreements, and other documentation for new lines of business
- Provide day-to-day corporate and business law counseling
- Administer and resolve legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Legal review of internal procedures and compliance issues
- Research and analysis related to new legislation, regulations, judicial precedents or other developments which may impact the business and liaison with law firms and external counsels
Requirements of the Role
- 1-3 years of relevant experience of working at law firms or at start-ups
- Strong skills in legal drafting, research, negotiation, and commercial and contentious work
- Experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Competence to review and identify common legal issues in complex commercial documentation
- Experience of having undertaken legal due diligence review of start-ups generally and fintech companies in particular
- Competence in broad range of corporate and business laws, including various FEMA regulations and SEBI regulations along with the ability to address related research questions with ease
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to analyze business processes, spot issues, and propose/implement solutions
- Ability to function autonomously yet communicate laterally and upward with ease
- Interest in start-up and fintech ecosystems along with the curiosity to track and keep abreast of the changing regulatory landscape
- High motivation, are creative and laser-focused on the details
- The ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and to re-prioritize quickly to address shifting business needs
More Jobs that you might be interested in
- JOB POST: Assistant Manager-Legal Research & Regulatory Mapping at Clifford Chance, Delhi: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Senior Counsel at Moody’s Corporation, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Manager-Legal Affairs at American Express, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Assurance Associate – Forensics at EY [Ernst & Young], Noida: Apply Now!