HSBC is looking to hire an experienced professional for the job post of Assistant Legal Counsel, to work at its office in Bangalore.
HSBC Holdings plc is a British multinational investment bank and financial services holding company. It is the largest bank in Europe, with total assets of US$2.715 trillion (as of August 2020). HSBC traces its origin to a hong in British Hong Kong and its present form was established in London by the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation to act as a new group holding company in 1991; its name derives from that company’s initials. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation opened branches in Shanghai in 1865 and was first formally incorporated in 1866.
HSBC has around 3,900 offices in 65 countries and territories across Africa, Asia, Oceania, Europe, North America, and South America, and around 38 million customers. As of 2014, it was the world’s sixth-largest public company, according to a composite measure by Forbes magazine.
About the Opportunity
HSBC is currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Assistant Legal Counsel – Loan Negotiation.
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) Legal provides support to the GBM businesses. The main GBM businesses are Banking, Markets, Capital Financing, Securities Services and the shared products of Global Trade and Receivables Finance, and Payments and Global Liquidity & Cash Management.
The Loan Negotiation Team is part of the Global Banking and Markets Legal Department and provides advice, guidance and support to Global Banking and Commercial Banking by performing the duties as per the job description given below.
- Negotiating loan documentation such as uncommitted facilities / overdrafts, bilateral committed facilities, syndicated facility agreements
- Guarantees & guarantee confirmation letters, ancillary CP documentation
- Drafting & Reviewing complex transaction related legal documents including: loan facility agreements, and various security documents Reviewing of exotic & complex loan documents and loan linked OTC derivatives booking ensuring all economic details of the trade is captured accurately in the trading risk & system
- Design & draft the initial structure of complex loan products along with product strategist, tech, Business, legal
- Review and verify the loan booking system by reviewing various documents which include LMA & LSTA loan confirmation docs, term sheet, Repurchase, Novation agreement
- Review credit agreements to analyze and interpret economic and non-economic terms to facilitate pricing of the debt. Reviewed credit agreements to determine the eligibility for repurchase and pledge transactions to facilitate building the repo/pledge inventory for the firm
- Ensure negotiating documents are streamlined to provide appropriate credit & legal protection
- Involve in legal research projects from time to time
- Standardize documentation process for various regions, thereby sharing & establishing best practices
- Interact with stakeholders across product categories to chart out effective documentation process
- Academics: Graduate or Post Graduate in Law from a reputed institution
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in Banking or Financial services industry
- Should have worked on bilateral uncommitted facilities/overdrafts, bilateral committed facilities, syndicated facility agreements, guarantees and guarantee confirmation letters
- Understanding of negotiation / legal drafting is essential
- Strong communication skills
- Prior experience on working with & managing stakeholders across regions is desirable
Apply by June 8th, 2021, by 23:59:00.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.