EY or Ernst & Young, Mumbai is seeking to hire a law graduate and CS for the job role of Advanced Analyst (Tax Law) to serve the position of Entity Compliance and Governance Attorney.
About EY (Ernst & Young)
Ernst & Young Global Limited (Ernst & Young or simply EY), is a British multinational professional services network with headquarters in London, United Kingdom. EY is one of the largest professional services networks in the world.
EY provides consulting, assurance, tax, and transaction services. It was founded in the year 1989.
Along with Deloitte, KPMG, and PricewaterhouseCoopers, it is considered one of the Big Four accounting firms.
About the Job Opportunity
EY is seeking to engage the services of an Advanced Analyst in Tax Law as part of the team of Entity Compliance and Governance attorneys, in Mumbai.
The ECG attorney with CS at an associate level must have a general understanding of basic Corporate Secretarial services. They should have the ability to understand and analyze the request. They should be well versed in database management, statutory filings, Corporate Compliance research, conducting health checks.
They should have the ability to present their findings succinctly on Excel or Word or any other format, as required. These attorneys with CS must have exceptional writing and analytical skills. Moreover, they should show a constant zeal and desire to learn. They should escalate important questions to their senior team members.
Role and Resposibilities
The primary responsibilities include:
- Applying themselves to understanding the underlying issues of a project
- Conducting monthly/ quarterly/ annual surveys to gather compliance information from clients across the globe so that reporting/filings are completed on a timely and accurate manner
- Keeping track of global compliance information received and following up on a timely basis so that deadlines are not missed
- Managing the corporate secretarial client database – Diligent Entities (Blueprint OneWorld), GEMS etc.
- Assisting in corporate governance of the client by coordinating with local law firms and client internal stakeholders
- Interpreting and drafting Board Meeting Minutes
- Preparing remediation reports by analyzing the information from Central, Public and Statutory data for Health check
- Working on client’s ad hoc requests
- Escalating project specific issues timely
- Reporting back to their seniors on the status of assignments
- Thorough and meticulous with great attention to details
- Achieving on time delivery (OTD) on client deliverables
- Attending mandatory training and certification courses
- Co-operating with team members and acts as a team player
- Organized and efficient – handling particular responsibility assigned to them quickly and accurately
- Effective in terms of sharing learning/insights with peers/seniors
- Consistent presence and active participation at team, department, and company meetings and participates in voluntary professional development programs
- Entry level contributor responsible for working within the project scope and budget.
- Accomplishes work with low to moderate supervision.
- Impact is normally within the immediate project team.
- Typically works on one or two projects at a time and as a member of the project team(s).
- Should bond well with the team and ensure a healthy work environment.
- May have to interact directly with clients on small research requests and hence, must be proactive in tracking the hours and budget.
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications
- Must have a Law degree
- Language capabilities – Professional proficiency in English
- Excellent analytical and logical skills
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders in all mediums (verbal and written)
- Attention to details
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Ability to escalate relevant information
- Demonstrates ownership of results
- Leverage strong communication
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Adaptive to team and fosters collaborative approach
- Innovative approach to the project, when required
- Shows passion and desire to learn
- Diligence and ability to multi-task
- Must have an eye for details
Commensurate with industry standards