Gartner is expanding its legal team and inviting applications for an Associate Legal Counsel role from legal professionals. The role shall be based in person in Dubai.
Gartner, Inc is technological research and consulting firm based in Stamford, Connecticut that conducts research on technology and shares this research both through private consulting as well as executive programs and conferences.
Role and Responsibilities of Legal Counsel
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions with Gartner clients across Gulf Region based on standard Gartner agreement documents and also on Clients’ own paperwork as required.
- Attend client calls or meetings when necessary to support sales with client negotiations.
- Support sales in public sector tendering processes and RFP submissions.
- Maintain a close working relationship within the Legal and Contracts team and with Sales agents across different countries in relation to client negotiations.
- Advice on legal issues and risks, approval processes, company policies and procedures
- Internal training – work closely with internal partners to coach and educate them.
- Ensure corporate governance of all Gartner entities across the Gulf region including UAE, Saudi, and Qatar.
- Legal support and advice to other internal functions such as data privacy, compliance, HR, finance, or corporate secretary.
- Support with managing external counsel work.
- Support the Annual Financial Reporting.
- University degree in law – LLB equivalent.
- Approximately 1-3 years of experience in the legal department or a law firm.
- Practical experience in negotiating contracts involving intellectual property in an international business environment.
- Experience with public sector laws and regulations in the Middle East.
- Exposure to a similar industry (e.g., technology company or consulting firm)
- Language capabilities – Arabic and English essential. The language skills shall include the ability to draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent negotiation skills and good time management.
- Ability to present authoritatively to internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate. protection of Gartner’s interests, whilst concentrating on the issues that really matter
- Ability to prioritize workload based on the value of the business to Gartner versus the complexity of negotiation whilst working to month-end and quarter-end sales deadlines
- Requires good interpersonal skills to handle pressure from sales management
- Adaptable, coachable, growth mindset, collaborative, and, proactive personality.
- Ability to work both from the office or remotely.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.