Ahmedabad-based think-tank, Research Foundation for Governance in India (RFGI), is looking to hire a lawyer to join their legislative drafting work. The following is the brief job description for the profile.
1. Help conduct legal research across sectors – with a particular focus on policy drafting, drafting of legislation, putting together international comparison on legislative practices.
2. Set up processes and create precedent documents on the matters described above – utilising technology driven solutions as far as possible.
3. Help produce monthly e-newsletters and knowledge notes
1. Strong Command over English
2. Law-degree, preferably from a five-year integrated law programme, with significant interest in regulation and public policies
3. Command over drafting and use of internet
4. Previous internships in law-firms
5. Work Experience is not a necessary criteria, but preferable
6. Should be willing to be based in Ahmedabad
7. Good eye on detail and research skills
8. Should be willing to understand and experience start-up culture!
RFGI is an Ahmedabad-based think-tank working primarily towards creating and promoting legal innovations and legal reforms in India.
The organization conducts research on key issues in law and policy and hosts public events in order to raise awareness, particularly among the youth who are often disengaged from the democratic process.
It champions the cause of seeking and creating innovations in the space of access to justice and also acts as a consultant in the implementation and development of Government policies.
30th December, 2015
Interested applications to send cover letter and CV to Kelly Dhru on [email protected]
I am the Admin of Lawctopus. I am for law students, of law students and by law students. I am Torts and Contracts and moots and internships. I am your boyfriend! And your girlfriend too! Mentor. Friend. Junior. Senior. I am the footnote in your research paper. Foreword in your life. The jugaad for your internship. The side gig which earns you bucks. I am Maggi. Pocket money too.