CUTS Institute for Regulation and Competition (CIRC) invites application from suitable candidates for a position of Research Associate – Law.
The Institute promotes understanding and learning in the interface between law and economics. The researcher will support the team lead in research studies, conducting field work and designing, developing and executing innovative training/academic programs in niche areas including IP and Competition Law.
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidates holding graduate (LL.B.) or post-graduate degree in law (LL.M.), with research and/or teaching experience in the related fields of minimum of two years are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with demonstrable research experience interests in the area of intellectual property law and/or competition law/policy will be given preference.
Job Profile and Responsibilities
Research professionals at CIRC are expected to:
- Help in conducting research (desk and field research) and other related activities to effectively deliver customized research and capacity building solutions to CIRC clients
- Assist in conducting field work; engage in data collection and analysis, etc.
- Research and draft notes on issues emerging from day to day brainstorming within CIRC
- Research, draft and edit course modules, research reports, briefing papers, monographs, articles, etc.
- Overall responsibility of developing and delivery of courses in the core areas
- Assist CIRC staff in drafting funding proposals
- Organise/attend events/workshops
- Implementation of specific activities as assigned from time to time in the course of discharge of duties.
Proficiency in both written and spoken English with excellent communication skills, and working knowledge of computer applications are essential.
CIRC recognises that the right candidate will have a significant impact on the success of the organisation and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package for the not for profit sector, commensurate with experience.
The position will be based in New Delhi. Travelling around India with potential for international travelling related to projects and conferences will be expected.
Qualified candidates should send their email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com with following documents, along with an appropriate covering letter:
- Writing sample (published/unpublished)
- Expression of interest in joining CIRC (max. 500 words)
- Contact details of two referees (email & mobile number)
Please mention the position you are applying in subject line of email. Women candidates are encouraged to apply, as CIRC believes in equal opportunities.
Given the large volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.
For other vacancies at CIRC, please click here.
CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition
D-72, First Floor, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016, India
Ph: +91.11. 26863022/23, 41621232
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.circ.in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.