Applications are invited from interested candidates with 0-2 years of experience for the Post of a Law Associate at SUO’s offices in Noida, NCR.
SUO is a full-service law office dealing predominantly with issues of Commercial Laws, Laws on Public Procurement and grant of State Largesse, Corporate Laws, White-collar Criminal Laws, Laws related to Motor Vehicles and Motor Vehicle components, Infrastructure Laws, Law on Arbitration & ADR, Laws on Intellectual Property Rights, Environmental Laws etc.
D-45, Sector- 10, Noida.
Responsibilities of selected candidates shall include:
- Drafting pleadings, written submissions, affidavits etc. for matters before the Supreme Court and various High Courts, Tribunals, Boards, Commissions etc.;
- Drafting and vetting Agreements, MoUs, undertakings, term sheets, business correspondences and other commercial/legal instruments/documents;
- Researching on issues of Law & Policy in relation to matters being handled by the and opinions sought from the office;
- Preparing Notes & briefs on Cases, Questions of Law, other research topics that maybe provided from time to time;
- Appearing before various Courts, Tribunals, Boards, Commissions etc.
- Assisting in the process of preparing for cases, strategizing, drafting etc.
- Travelling to various parts of India to appear in or assist in relation to cases before High Courts.
- Undertaking such other related or relevant tasks and responsibilities as maybe thrust upon such candidate.
- The Candidate ought to have successfully completed an LLB course from any Institute/University recognized by the BCI. Provided that a fresher/5thyear student may apply subject to successful completion of the Course and subject to the possibility of having to undergo an assessment internship where it maybe deemed necessary.
- The candidate ought to have a strong foundational understanding of the law and the jurisprudential underpinnings thereof.
- No minimum experience required. Experience of applicant shall not be taken into account for the purpose of selection unless the same can be corroborated with a demonstrable growth and maturity in legal thought and understanding or a material knowledge and understanding of the functioning of legal systems and processes.
Interested candidates may apply by e-mail at [email protected].
Applicants shall follow the following instructions while applying:
- The subject of the mail shall read “Application-Post of Law Associate-[Your Name]”
- The body of the E-mail shall consist of a Cover letter bearing your name, year of graduation, university from which you completed/are pursuing your LLB and a brief description of whatever you deem appropriate to be included in your Cover Letter. All of these details maybe encapsulated in such manner and using such format as the candidate may deem appropriate.
- The E-mail shall be attached with a brief Resume and preferably, a Writing Sample. Writing sample may include briefs/notes/pleadings prepared during past employment/internships, articles/notes/posts published independently or prepared for such publishing, or notes/articles that maybe prepared solely for the purpose of the attaching to your application. Candidates submitting pleadings prepared by them at previous places of employment/past internships, may blacken out or delete names of parties.
Remuneration shall be respectable, negotiable and performance-based.