The Supreme Court of India is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Junior Court Assistant.
The Supreme Court of India (SCI) is the supreme judicial authority of India and is the highest court of the Republic of India under the constitution.
About the Job
Online applications are invited from Indian citizens for filling up 210 vacancies anticipated upto 31.12.2022 for the post of Junior Court Assistant (Group ‘B’ NonGazetted) placed in Level 6 of Pay Matrix with initial Basic Pay of Rs. 35,400/-.
No. of Positions
- Bachelor’s degree of a recognized University
- Minimum speed of 35 w.p.m. in English Typing on Computer
- Knowledge of Computer operation
Candidates should not be below 18 years and above 30 years of age as on 01.07.2022.
Reservation in direct recruitment for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, and Physically Challenged shall be in accordance with the Rules, Orders and Notifications issued from time to time by the Government of India in respect of posts carrying the pay scale corresponding to the pay scale prescribed for the post of Junior Court Assistant, subject to such modification, variation or exception as the Chief Justice may, from time to time, specify. Reservation for dependents of Freedom Fighters shall be in accordance with the orders issued by the Chief Justice of India.
Scheme of Examination
The eligible candidates will have to appear in the tests in the following subjects:-
- Objective Type Question paper with multiple choice answers containing 100 questions (consisting of 50 (General English questions including comprehension section, 25 General Aptitude questions and 25 General Knowledge questions)
- Objective Type Computer Knowledge Test (25 questions)
- Typing (English) test on Computer with minimum speed 35 w.p.m. after deduction of mistakes (mistakes allowed 3%)
- Descriptive Test (in English Language) consisting of Comprehension passage, Precis Writing and Essay Writing.
The approximate Gross Salary as per existing rate of allowances including HRA comes to Rs. 63068/- per month (pre-revised pay scale PB-2 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/-).
Candidates should not be below 18 years and above 30 years of age as on 01.07.2022. Usual relaxation in age will be admissible to SC/ST/OBC/Physically challenged/Ex-Servicemen and dependents of Freedom Fighters as per Government Rules.
There will be no upper age limit for departmental candidates of the Registry of Supreme Court. However, no relaxation in age will be allowed to the candidates working in other Government departments etc.
- Candidates will be required to pay a non-refundable Application/Test fee of Rs. 500/- for General/OBC candidates and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/PH/Freedom Fighter candidates plus bank charges through online mode only.
- Fee shall not be accepted in any other form. No postal application shall be accepted. The fee shall be paid online through payment gateway provided by UCO Bank.
Registration of application and payment of fee
- Eligible candidates are required to apply online at this website.
July 10, 2022