If you are ready to embark upon a career in intellectual property law or continue on your existing journey with IP, this is the place for you.
Selvam and Selvam is a firm built on a dynamic team of people who are passionate about Intellectual Property and extremely interested in the work that they do. As a mid-sized firm, the firm is capable enough to handle complex legal problems with individual attention to its clients.
Expanding rapidly, the firm looks for talented people who are ambitious, academically curious, passionate about the law, always willing to roll up their sleeves and work, think out of the box and take pride in protecting the rights of their clients.
Recognising that the growth and quality of work depends on the members of its team, the firm takes pride in taking care of its team members and providing them with a comfortable and open environment to work in.
At Selvam and Selvam, we believe in removing the proverbial corporate ladder and instead working with individuals on specific career paths and areas of growth. More importantly we understand that people have commitments outside of work and help them in maintaining that ever important work-life balance.
At Selvam and Selvam you can expect to be paid at par or even higher at times with other mid-sized firms in the city, work 9 to 10 hours a day depending on statutory deadlines and work with a team of like-minded individuals.
Selvam and Selvam have a mentorship programme where new associates and interns are partnered with more experienced lawyers so that they can learn and ultimately deal with a range of legal problems on their own.
If you are keen on joining us, apply at this page.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Excellent language skills in English, both written and verbal;
- Smart work organised and tech savvy;
- Ability to work independently and to take own initiatives;
- Knows the importance of staying organised and can take ownership;
- Self-starter, ready to work in entrepreneurial atmosphere is must;
- A team player with strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Computer skills with knowledge to use Excel/MS Word etc.
Your responsibilities would include but not limited to
- Advising clients on their trademarks, copyrights, designs, domain name and patent matters;
- Preparing & filing applications with the Indian IP office;
- Preparing & filing applications for enforcement of IP at the Indian Customs;
- Writing blog posts and newsletters for clients on recent developments in IP law in India and the neighbouring countries;
- Advising and assisting clients in filing and enforcing IP rights in other countries across the globe;
- Drafting and counselling clients on agreements relating to Entertainment law and general contacts;
- Training interns on IP law
- Presentations to the team on recent IP laws or processes to be applied for effective management of the matters in the office;
No of positions: Freshers (4); Associates with 2+ years’ experience (4)
Deadline to apply: December 31, 2018
This post was first published on:
24 Nov 2018
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.